Chapter 35: Mating Drama

recap:

"John, what's happening tomorrow?" I whispered confused.

"We complete the mating bond"

I looked at him in a mixture of both shock and anger.

"WHAT!"

***

I started to wiggle out of his hold, I wanted to have this upcoming argument with both my feet on the floor. But John just brought me closer to him, squeezing my waist a bit tighter. My chest was now pressed up against his, and I had to tilt my head back real far just to keep eye contact.

"You heard me" John said stubbornly,

"Yeah I did, but I was giving you the chance to correct your previous sentence. You 'accidentally' said it as a statement instead of a question!" I whispered harshly up at him, once again trying to wiggle out of his grasp, but sadly getting no where.

"It wasn't an accident. Asking, would be implying that you have a choice in the matter, when you don't" John said simply.

I just stared at him. Completely shocked by the words spewing out of his mouth.

"Did he just say that we didn't have a choice?" I asked my wolf.

"Yes!" she growled back, "And I will not stand for this treatment!"

"Neither wil-- Wait, what are y-"

I was too late. I didn't realize that as we were talking, my wolf was quickly taking control of my body. Now it was as if, I was watching everything happening around me through a television screen. I could see, And I could hear what was going on, but I couldn't physically take part in it.

It was terrible, and it made me extremely annoyed that she didn't give me any warning about what she was about to do.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

"PUT ME DOWN!" We growled together in unison, our voices layered and powerful.

A look of surprise graced John's face, but it quickly transformed from surprise into smugness, and his golden eyes brightened until they were practically glowing, telling me that his wolf was also out to play.

"NO" He growled back smugly, his eyes flashing with an emotion I didn't recognized immediately.

"RELEASE ME NOW" we snarled in his face, unleashing our dominance in full, trying, unsuccessfully I might add, to get John to back down and submit. Instead all I got was a devilish smile from him, a smile that should be illegal in a fight, it was simply an unfair advantage. It was in this moment, where I was caught off guard, and distracted from my task at hand, that I recognized the look he had in his eye earlier, The look he was giving me now.

It was pride.

"Look at our mate" He whispered huskily by my ear, sending all sorts of shivers through my body, even my wolf was beginning to purr.

"So powerful, and doesn't even realize it, Has everyone on their knees in respect."

I blinked back, first in confusion, then I actually processed his words, and my jaw dropped in realization. I had completely forgotten that John and I weren't the only ones in the room.

Slowly, reluctantly, John let me go, which he had to do in order for me to see exactly what he was talking about.

I hesitantly turned around with a grimace on my face, already putting together what I was about to see.