Chapter 13: Claire's Parents

John's POV

"Son, you need to calm down" my father said in a stern voice, as I paced back and forth.

I stopped my pacing to glare directly at my father, "DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!" I walked up to my father and pointed at his chest "How would you react if mom was taken from you, and you had no idea why, you have been keeping things from me and I want to know them NOW!! I growled at him.

I have already delt with all the wolves who were protecting the territory last night and they said that they didn't hear, smell, or see anything, and with no choice but to believe them, I sent them all out to look for anything that could help me get my Claire back. Now it was just me, my dad, my mom, and Claire's parents all in the living room, and words were being said.

"Son" said my mother as she approached me carefully looking directly into my eyes, "your father and I really don't know that much, but even with what we do know it's not our story to tell. So I need you to get a hold of your wolf and sit down on this couch..." she gestured to the one person couch beside her, "...and listen to what Claire's guardians have to say about why this is happening. Okay?"

The luna in my mother calmed me down enough to do exactly as she said, but a scowl remained on my face the entire time. Wait did she say guardians as in they arent her real parents?! I mean... I suspected... I never thought... I shook my head to clear out my thoughts but it didn't seem to work.

"Start talking" I growled, glaring at Lucas, Claire's father, making sure that every word that fell from his lips rang true.

Lucas sighed heavily "First, Alpha, I need you to know that my mate and I, love Claire with all of our hearts, and though she is not really ours, we have always felt like she was." He paused, waiting to see if I accepted his declaration, once I nodded he continued. "Claire's real parents were the alpha and luna of one of the royal packs, and they were killed during the rogue war, the whole pack was destroyed except for Claire, my mate and me.Her father entrusted me with his only child, once he realized that they were fighting a losing battle. He told me to take my wife and his baby and run, so that's what I did. His name was Heaton, Alpha Heaton Whitehall"

Both my father and mother gasped in surprise. "Claire is Heaton's Daughter? Wow, I don't know how I missed that, their eyes are the exact same" said my father in astonishment, while I just sat there hopelessly confused. "Hold on a second, can someone please tell me who Heaton Whitehall is?" My dad was the one to answer my question. "He was probably one of the best warriors in the supernatural world, if anything had happened to me, he would have taken the spot of Alpha king until you were old enough to claim it.

It is rumored that him and his mate Cassandra had been blessed by the moon goddess herself because of an amazing act of bravery and selflessness that they had both committed when they were younger. He was an amazing man, and a very loyal friend..." my dad trailed off, looking lost in his thoughts. My mom then stood up from where she was seated, and went to stand by my father and hugged him. "Even Cassandra was awesome, she was soft spoken and fiercely loyal, but she could also be tons of fun to be around. It feels so surreal that Claire's their daughter, last time I saw Cassy she was still pregnant. Everyone just assumed that the baby had died along with her. This changes things... alot" said my mother, and my father nodded in agreement. "Yes it does."

"Well I don't want to spoil the moment, but who her real parents are still doesn't explain, Why she was taken from me!! I turned and punched the wall behind me, startling everyone in the room.

"Sorry" I muttered quietly in my mom's direction.

"It's fine sweetie, but I really do need you to calm down okay, just sit and breathe in & out, okay?"
I nodded even though it really wasn't okay, but I was to tired to do anything but obey her. "Lucas?" She continued "could you please answer my sons question, I too would like to hear the answer as well."

Lucas cleared his throat before he began to speak, "well it just so happens that Alpha Heaton and Luna Cassandra were actually blessed by the moon goddess, she blessed them with a baby girl who was given a special gift that the goddess had placed within her since birth. Through a dream, the goddess told the Luna that the person to mate with this special child will be given unimaginable strength and power, so she must be protected until she finds her true mate."

I couldn't control my anger after those words were spoken, and at that point I didn't want to, my heart was hurting so bad and my wolf was raging inside of me to be let free. There were to many emotions and I couldn't handle all of them at once, so I did it, I let the anger consume me and my wolf broke loose.

Author's note

Sorry for the late update I've been working on this other book for the JUSTWRITEIT pledge and I've still got more than five thousand words left to write but I promise to try and update sooner, anyway the books called Until I met you so if u want to check it out u can... But u really don't have to. Hope u liked the update, the next chapter will be in Claire's POV, I wonder how she's holding up.

Please vote and comment!!