Chapter 23: Finding Family

Claire's POV

I watched the Alpha's feet as he stepped down from the stage and stood directly in front of me.

"Lift your head" he said softly

I had no idea what the big deal was, but I didn't want to anger the man that held my fate in his hands. So, ever so slowly, I raised my head until are eyes met.

"Brother" my wolf whispered. I was completely speechless, but even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't have said anything, I just stared at him, waiting for his response.

The man in front of me had blond medium length hair, and intense blue eyes, like mine. I couldn't really tell his age, because of how he carried himself. He looked to be 25 years old, but I can't say for sure. He was tall and muscular, but not scary muscular. No, he was more like a lean type of muscular, intimidating but not scary.

"Claire" he whispered softly, then reached out as if to touch my face, but before he made contact, I flinched away from him, and looked back to the floor.

"Who hurt you" he growled lowly, and I could help but shiver in fear. I hated how scared I was now, but I couldn't do anything about it, in the presence of other people, fear was my constant companion.

"You're scaring her" his mate said softly, forcing him to calm down, and take a breath.

This is when Henry spoke up "Do you know her?"

"No, but I know of her, she is my sister."

"Woah" said Henry,"things just got a whole lot more awesome"

I saw a hand slowly move to under my chin and lift it up, so I was once again face to face with the alpha, whose name was Keith, and also my brother. These have been a very weird couple of days.

"Please don't be afraid of me, I would kill myself before I hurt you. You got me?" I looked into the eyes of my brother, the eyes that were so much like mine and I nodded, while a smile played on my lips.

"Good, now let us all meet at my house where we can actually talk comfortably. "Sienna, can you walk Claire over to the house, I need to talk to Henry quickly."

Sienna looked to her mate curiously for a second, then looked to me and smiled. She was very gorgeous, with red hair and green eyes, it was obvious that she was of Irish descent.

"Come on Claire, let me show you my beautiful town." Motioning me to walk beside her, once were out the door, she attacked me with a hug.

"I'm so glad you found us!" She said hugging me tighter, and considering that this was the first sign of affection I had received in a long while, it didn't surprise me much when I wrapped my own arms around her, and started to cry.

"Oh no, sweetie, what happened to you?"

I couldn't answer, all I could do was cry, and hold on as tightly as I could. Ever since I escaped my prison, I haven't had a chance to just feel safe, but now in her arms, and a few feet away from a brother I didn't know I had, I feel safe.

"Everything is going to be okay" she whispered to me over and over again, until the tears stopped falling and I was calm. Ever so slowly we began to separate from our hug.

"Thank you" I said softly, as I wiped the tears from my eyes, "I really needed that."

"It is no problem, any time you want to talk, or need a shoulder to cry on, or just some company, I will be there okay? Don't be afraid to ask, we are family now."

As those words fell from her lips, a burden I didn't know I was carrying, had been lifted, and for the first time in a long time, I really smiled.

When we got to their house, we sat down in what had to be the living room, and talked about little things, things that would not lead to tears. I learned that Sienna has been mated to my brother for three years, and that they met when he was in his last year of university. Sienna is twenty years old, while my brother is twenty three.

The boys got in a couple of minutes after us, and as soon as they did the atmosphere changed, it was a feeling of uncertainty.

Keith and Henry sat down opposite of Sienna and me. I didn't know where to look, so I focused on a spot on the rug, that suddenly looked very interesting to me.

Is that spot moving, or is it just me... yup, it's jus-"

"Claire!"

My head shot upward before I could finish my thought, I blushed when I realized that they were all looking at me, I could only assume that they called my name a couple of times before getting my attention.

"Claire, there are a lot of things that we have to talk about, we can hold it off until tomorrow, or just get it over with now. Your choice" said Keith, and I didn't even have to think about it, I knew it was better for to know everything I needed to know, right now, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.

"I want to get it over with"

Keith breathed in a sigh of relief, "I was hoping you'd say that. So, how much do you know about our parents..."