Chapter 36: In Her Shoes

Recap
He remembered, even after the argument he remembered what day it was. I smiled brightly and my eyes locked with the gorgeous looking, and smelling food, until it consumed my mind. and all I wanted was to inhale and consume.

"Now that the drama is over, let's eat!" I skipped to the table and started to dig in, shortly after everyone else dug in too.

"Finally, I thought my food was going to go to waste" Sienna said breathing a sigh of relief.

"Not with me in this house, that would be a true crime" I laughed at Keith's appalled tone of voice, along with everyone else around the table, and I couldn't help but think to myself that my birthday was off to an interesting start.

"I wonder what else this day will bring"

John's POV

Seeing Claire for the first time in months after everything that has happened, definitely did not go as planned. I thought that at least with the mate bond finally clicking into place on both sides, the woman would at least attempt to be less stubborn, but no such luck.
"That woman is going to be the death of me." I muttered to myself angrily as I began heading over to the guest house my men are staying in.

"You're not placing yourself in her shoes at all John" said Noah, wisely walking a few feet behind me, giving me space, but stupidly speaking as though I wanted to hear his opinion.

"You don't know what you're saying!" I growled back at him

"She is in fact the one who is not putting herself in MY shoes!" Pushing the door to the guest house open, with a bang. "Does she realise what I've been through, How little control I've had over myself since she was taken from me, How weak and useless I felt and still feel knowing that I couldn't protect her, that I CAN'T PROTECT HER!" I yelled as I paced in the living room.
I felt as though I just could not catch my breath, there was always a threat around the next corner, one that knew my weaknesses and my strengths. And I'm both angry and tired of having to always be on guard.
I want to lock Claire in a castle far away from everyone and everything, and I also want to hunt down and kill everyone and everything that I suspect is trying to hurt my mate.

"Arrggh! She's MINE!!!" my wolf and I growled at the same time, punching a hole straight through one of the living room walls.

"She's ours to protect, why won't she let us protect her?" I muttered to my wolf, as I resumed pacing the living room.

"Your being selfish and inconsiderate of your mate, and of all Claire has gone through, John." Noah said softly leaning on the wall opposite of me.

"I don't care! I just want her safe!" I growled at him bearing my canines in his direction, and suddenly he was in my face, bearing his teeth right back at me.

"YOU BETTER START TO CARE!!" He yelled "or you're going to lose her" He then poked me in the chest and said "You need to understand that your mate fought for her freedom, she went through a whole lot of shit for four freakin' months! She's finally gotten free and you want to chain her up all over again, locking her to your side forever.

Noah glared at me for a handful of seconds, before he gave me a hard push, pushing me away from him.

"You need to earn that shit" Noah said, walking away from me. Heading towards the door "You can't just take it" and with those last words he leaves the house without a backward glance.

Noah and Claire are probably the only people I could handle talking to me that way without them ending up emotionally or physically hurt, and me somehow ending up feeling disappointed in myself.

I turn and sit myself down on one of the couches, and put my head in both my hands.
"I'm stupid" I muttered to myself, and in that moment I could not be more right. It wasn't until this moment, that I looked back and actually processed everything that has happened in the first half of this year in relation to Claire and I. And I realized that for most of this year, I haven't successfully played the part of the hero or even supportive friend, if this year were a movie I would be one of the annoying characters whose only role is to further the plot, and make the audience mad. And this is MY DAMN MOVIE!! I'M NOT EVEN THE HERO OF MY OWN STORY! So how could I expect Claire to be one for hers. It wasn't until this moment that I realized something completely profound. Something that I think Claire has been trying to get me to understand. Even though I'm Claire's mate, being her mate does not mean that I am the only one who can complete her, No my Claire is already complete she is Treasure, She already knows her value, she knows that she is priceless, and she knows that I am not meant to complete her, but I am the best man and only man who can Compliment her in the way she deserves, I guess she just needs me to now prove it to her and the world.

I lift my head in determination, get up and head to the door, already putting the plan together in my head. By the end of this Claire will be mine, and I will be hers in return.

Although I have failed her in many things, there is no way I will fail her in thshould be will NOT fail.

Author s Note

I'm back and hopefully here to stay, if y'all keep voting and commenting this book should be finished by September, but no promises, I will try my absolute best though, I can promise you that.

Lastly I'd like to tell you that, I hope people are able to see why John got this chapter all to himself, I really wanted his realization to be a quick thing and even begin the resolution part of it but I guess John had a a lot to say... anyways have a great week!!!

P.S TO ALL WOMEN, You are a treasure, you are priceless, and a gift, We don't need a man to complete us cause we are already amazing, they are just meant to compliment us. Its time to stop saying "wow I love those shoes you're wearing," and instead say "Wow, I love you in those shoes" because the stuff doesn't make you, you make the stuff!!!" You are a treasure, as soon as you believe that in your soul, you'll find yourself smiling more and more!!!

There now I'm done, Have a blessed week!!!

-Cloecuti