Chapter 1 - California

My name is April Riley and Im 15 years old. I have long blond hair and green eyes. I live in Brighton, England with my parents and older brothers. My eldest brother is called Matthias and has just turned 19. My other two brothers are identical twins Jai and Tide who are both 17. My mum is English but my dad is American and from California. We lived there until I was 3 and then moved to Brighton. My brothers and me have mixed accents however Matthias has the more American accent where as mine is more British.

We also have two dogs. A golden Pomeranian called Jem and a Black Doberman called Bullet.

My interests include skateboarding, music, playing a bit of guitar and reading. People say I'm a bit of a tomboy but that's what I get for having three older brothers.

I have a small group of friends that I spend a lot of time with at school. Their names are Connie, Isaac, Lucas and my best friend Rosie.

A few weeks ago our parents told us we were more moving back to California. I was so excited, our dads side of the family all live there so we will finally be able to meet them.

We are now landing at the airport in California. It's already hot and sunny. After we get off the plane we go to collect our luggage and the dogs. When Jai goes to pick up his case, it opened resulting in most of his things going all over the floor. People were standing around and walking past laughing and smirking which caused the rest of us to laugh.

"That would only ever happen to you Jai." Matthias laughs while helping him pick his stuff back up and put in back into the case.

"Yeah ha ha very funny" Jai said sounding annoyed.

Finally we left the airport and arrived at our new house. It was right near the beach and had a hug front and back garden along with a big swimming pool.

"Ok, you kids go find your rooms, your stuffs already in them." My dad said unlocking the door. Three of us ran up the large staircase where as Matthias just casually walked up behind us.

I found my room pretty quickly. It was amazing. It had a double bed, en suit bathroom and a walk in wardrobe. The walls were a light blue colour with a darker blue flower pattern on it. The carpet was light brown and had a smiling face emoji rug next in the middle. I walked towards the glass doors to see I had my own balcony with two chairs and a small table on it.

I went back inside and started to unpack. I put my clothes and things away before hanging up my posters on the walls. I put my The Vamps poster and my Janoskians poster on the two walls on either side of my room. I then put my poster of The Tide above my bed.

If you hadn't already guessed, The Tide are my favourite band. I think they are amazing. My brothers find it both funny and strange that they are my favourite band and one of my brothers is called Tide. Well his real name is Tider but he thinks it's to weird so tells people to just call him Tide.

Once I'd finished unpacking I went to the twins room.

I knocked on the door and they said to go in.

"Hi guys what do ya think of the new house?" I asked them.

"It's awesome" the both replied in sync. It's kinda creepy when they do that.

They were both sat on their bunk bed. Tide was sat on the top bunk and Jai was sat on the bottom.

We sat talking and playing on their Xbox for a while before Matthias came in.

"Hey guys wanna go to the beach tomorrow?" He asked us.

"Yeah" we all replied, the twins still staring at the TV screen.

So this is the first Chapter and I know it's really short but they will get longer I promise.