Chapter 5 - Perfect Night

April's POV

My bag landed with a bit of a thud as I threw it onto the floor next to my desk.

"APRIL STOP THROWING THINGS AND BANGING" Mathias shouted from his room down the hall.

"SORRY MATHIAS" I shouted back.

I quickly got changed out of my uniform into a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain blue top. I also put on my blue converse. Then I grabbed my blue penny board that has red wheels and my phone before heading down the stairs.

"April where you going?" Jai asked as I walked past the living room.

"Just out skateboarding for a while." I replied.

"Ok, see you later." He said before sitting down on the sofa and putting the TV on.

I walked out the door and down the drive way before hopping onto my penny board.

I rode down the street for a while before reaching a nearby park. I then stopped when I came to a small pond in the middle of the park. I sat down under some trees and watched the ducks flying and swimming. Everything was so calm and peaceful. The only sound that could be heard was the birds singing and splashing on the water. The trees were gently swaying in the breeze and the sunlight was shining off the water making it look beautiful.

I was so relaxed that I was startled when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I pulled it out before reading the message.

From LeviTheAwesome

Hey you busy tonight?

To LeviTheAwesome

Nope why?

From LeviTheAwesome

Fancy hanging out?

To LeviTheAwesome

Sounds good, sure :)

From LeviTheAwesome

Great I'll meet you at your house at 6, wear something nice :)

To LeviTheAwesome

Ok, see you then

I put my phone back in my pocket before standing up and getting back on my penny board. It didn't take me long to reach home.

"That was quick." Jai said as I closed the front door behind me.

"I know but I'm going back out soon." I told him before running back up to my room.

After putting my board back in its place I went and had a quick shower. I then went over to my wardrobe. I looked at what I could wear before picking up a dress. It was a simple dress that was plane white with a light blue pattern on it. It came to just below my knees. I then brushed my hair before styling it in waves. I then places a blue and white flower crown on my head. To finish I put on my pale blue slip on shoes.

I looked at the clock and saw I had 15 minutes till Levi would be here. I took a selfie in the mirror before posting it on my instagram.

I then checked my twitter and then there was a knock at my door.

I heard voices downstairs.

"APRIL DOOR" Tide shouted.

I grabbed my bag before going downstairs.

"April make sure you're back by half 10." Mathias said as I passed him on the stairs.

"Will do." I replied.

When I got to the door Tide was talking to Levi. He was wearing black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees along with a denim short sleeved shirt.

"Hey Apri... wow." Levi said once he saw me.

"Hi Levi." Replied smiling.

"O..k, see you later April." Tide said before going towards the kitchen.

"April you look.... beautiful." Levi said smiling at me.

"Thanks." I said smiling, feeling my cheeks going red.

"Let's get going." He said taking hold of my hand.

We got into a taxi that was at the bottom of my drive.

"So where we going?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise." He replied.

"Oh ok." I simply said.

We sat talking about random things for about 20 minutes until the taxi came to a stop. Once we had stepped out and Levi had paid the driver, he pulled out a red bandana from his back pocket.

"Turn around" He said and tied it around my head, covering my eyes.

He then took both of my hands in his before slowly leading my somewhere.

After a few minutes he let go of my hands.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yep." I replied smiling.

Once he had taken the bandana off my head and I saw what was in front of us, I was speechless. There was a tiny cove that was completely empty. The waves were gently crashing against the shore and the moonlight was reflecting against the water. In once corner of the cove were 3 palm trees, decorated with white fairy lights. Under them was a picnic blanket filled with all out favourite foods and amazing looking treats.

I turned and smiled at Levi.

"Levi, this is amazing." I managed to say.

"Thought you'd like it." He smiled back, taking my hand in his own.

We both took off our shoes before walking hand in hand towards the picnic. The sand felt so smooth under my feet and was still slightly warm from the hot day even though it was now dark.

We sat down on the blanket before looking at all the amazing food in front of us.

"I knew these were your favourite." Levi said holding out a bowl filled with bright red chocolate covered strawberries.

"Wow, thank you." I said before getting one and eating it.

"You've got a little chocolate there." He said pointing towards the corner of my mouth.

"Where?" I asked whilst trying to wipe it off.

"Here I'll do it." He laughed before wiping it off for me.

"Hey April there's something I need to tell you." He said looking directly at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, it's just..." He paused and took a deep breath. "The truth is I really really like you, I had done ever since that first I saw you at the beach."

"Levi... I like you too." I replied.

"Really" He said.

I nodded smiling.

A huge smile grew across his face.

"April, I know I've only known you for a month or two but will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Yes" I replied.

His blue eyes were bright with happiness.

Soon I felt his lips on my own.

After we both pulled away we both smiled at each other.

"I love you April" He said.

"I love you Levi" I smiled.

We spend the next few hours we sat eating the food and drinking lemonade, which is my favourite drink in the world. After most of the food had gone he both lay down on the blanket, my head resting on his chest, as we looked up at the stars and listened to the waves.

The night had been perfect and I couldn't have wished for anything more.