Chapter 2 - Beach

"JAI, TIDE HURRY UP OR WE'RE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!!" Matthias shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

The four of us were going to the beach while our parents finished unpacking. As usual, Tide and Jai were taking forever.

"WE'RE COMING!!" They both yelled back in sync while running down the stairs, nearly falling in the process.

"Finally, can we go now?" I said.

"Yep lets go" Matthias replied.

We said bye to our parents before setting off walking towards the beach.

"Hey April aren't that weird band you like from California?" Jai asked as we walked.

"Ok first they aren't weird and yes they are from California" I replied.

"Oi Jai race you to the beach" Tide said once we were close to the beach.

"Your on 3... 2... 1... GO!!" Jai yelled the last part before they both ran off towards the beach.

"Do they have to act like 5 year olds?" Matthias said sighing.

I just giggled as a reply.

Once the two of us reached the beach we saw the twins fighting on the sand while getting funny looks from people.

I put my towel on the warm, soft sand before sitting down on it. The three boys all then did the same.

After a while I decided to make a sand castle. I grabbed the bucket and spade before starting. Jai then joined in.

We were almost finished when Tide jumped on it and threw a piece of seaweed at me. I was slightly annoyed so got the bucked and walked to the sea. I filled it up before walking back to were tide was no sat back on his towel. I stood behind him before tipping all the water over his head.

"APRIL!!" He screamed before jumping up.

I ran away from him laughing as I did.

Suddenly he picked me up and ran with me in his arms before throwing me into the sea.

"TIDE SERIOUSLY!!" I yelled as I came back to the surface and saw him laughing, along with the others.

I got up out of the water and sat back down on my towel.

We all sat there for around two hours before deciding we wanted ice cream.

"What's everyone want I'll go" Tide said getting up.

"Chocolate please" Jai told him.

"Mint chocolate chip for me please" Matthias then said.

"Vanilla but I'll come with you and help carry them back" I said getting up.

"Ok let's go" Tide said before we walked down the beach towards the ice cream shop.

"Two vanilla ice creams, one chocolate and one mint chocolate chip please" Tide said to the man behind the counter.

While we were waiting I felt something bounce of my back. I turned around to see what I was and saw it was a beach ball.

"Hey, sorry about that my friend got a little too carried away" A blonde haired boy said as he came running over.

He looked about 17 and seemed slightly familiar.

"Oh its ok, don't worry about it" I said picking up the ball before giving it back to him.

"Thanks, I'm Nate by the way" he said smiling at me.

That's when it clicked. Nate Parker from The Tide, my favourite band. I knew I had to stay calm and not go become a crazy fangirl in front of him.