Chapter 20 - Eventful Day

No longer being on tour with the boys meant one thing, having to go back to school. I put all my books and other stuff in my bag before heading down stairs.

Tide, Jai and Mathias were all sat around the counter eating Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops. I got myself a bowl of Lucky Charms before taking a seat next to Tide.

"Excited to be back at school?" He asked, with a fruit loop stuck on his chin.

"What do you think the answer to that is." I replied before beginning to eat my breakfast.

"Over the moon I'm guessing." He replied sarcastically.

"Totally." I replied.

Our mum then came into the room holding her mug of coffee.

"Kids don't be late home today, your dads brother is coming over with his son." She said before grabbing some toast.

"You mean Uncle Eddie?" Mathias asked.

"Yep, we haven't seen them since we moved to Brighton so they're coming to stay for a few days." She replied.

 "I think your cousin Noah is bringing his friend too." she then added.

"Awesome, remind me how old Noah is again" Jai said, a face full of lucky charms.

"Around the same age as April, 2 months older I think." She said up her toast.

"Remember, straight home" She said before leaving room again.

"Well I best get going to school." I said putting my empty bowl and spoon in the dishwasher and grabbing my backpack.

"See you later guys." I said grabbing my penny board and opening the front door.

"Bye" I heard them all reply.

I then went out of the door, closing it behind me and jumping on my penny board.

When I finally reached school I went to my locker and put in my penny board and the books I didn't need until the afternoon.

"We'll look who's back from travelling the world." Georgia said from behind me, making me jump.

"Hey Georgia." I laughed, shutting my locker.

"So, how was it?" She asked excitedly.

"It was good." I simply replied, not really wishing to remember a few parts of tour.

"I thought you weren't coming back for like another week, what happened?" She asked.

"I just felt a little home sick." I replied, not wanting everyone to know the real reason.

"Oh, ok well let's go were gonna be late for class." She smiled grabbing my hand and dashing down the corridors.

"APRIL'S BACK!!" Brooklyn shouted as we entered the English class.

"Hey guys." I smiled as we went over and I took my seat next to Charlie.

"You're so lucky, you missed like 5 exams while you were gone." Charlie said once I'd sat down.

"Aww I'm gutted." I replied smiling.

"By the way we were all thinking about going to this place near the beach that does these amazing burgers and milkshakes called the Cabin after school, wanna join us?" Poppy asked turning around in her seat in front of me.

"I'd love to but I can't. My Uncle and Cousin are coming over later and I gotta go straight home." I replied.

"but definitely another time." I smiled.