Chapter 1 - Promotion

This is my first ever fan fiction that I'm publishing. I really hope you like it. Don't worry, this chapter isn't so exciting because it just starts things off, but it will get more interesting as it goes on. ENJOY ! 

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up sleepy head” I heard my roommate saying in order to get me up. I’m not a morning person, at all. “We have work,” she says as she flips the covers off of me.

“Alright, I’m up” I say getting out of bed and hopping in the shower.

My name is Melanie Hill. I’m African American, 22 years old and live in Los Angeles California. I have black hair that reaches below my shoulder. I’m about 6’0”, I know a giant. My roommate Kylie Beckford, is my best friend. She had longer dark brown hair and is absolutely gorgeous. We’ve lived together even since college. And moved here from Oklahoma City. Another friend from back home is my boy best friend Blake Griffin. Yes the professional basketball on the LA Clippers, the 2010 rookie of the year, and 2011 dunk contest winner. We have known each other since we were kids back in Oklahoma City. We finish each others’ sentences and he is my rock. Been there for me when, when no one else was.

After my shower, I grab some pancakes Kylie cooked up and we go to work. I drive us to “The Goods” a popular fashion store in LA. From 10 to 6 we work, folding clothes and selling items. And sometimes we even get discounts on really cute clothes. Before we leave, the owner asks to speak with me. This can’t be good.

 “Thanks for coming to have a little talk with me Melanie.”

 “Sure what’s up?”

“Well I wanted to talk to you about your work performance lately.”

I get worried and burst “Listen I’m sorry, but technically the juice was knocked over by Jessica and that carpet was ugly anyway, but if you’re gonna fire me, just hurry up and do it.

“Fire you? Why would I do that? You have really stepped up and im promoting you to manager”

My mouth drops open “Oh my goodness this is amazing, thank you, thank you, thank you” I happy really quick and full of excitement. I jump up and down and hug my boss.

“No problem, you earned it” I begin to leave but turn back as she begins to speak “wait. What did you say about some juice and a carpet?”

My eyes widen “What? Nothing, ok bye” I quickly race out of her office before she has a chance to question me farther. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get home Kylie and I call all my friends so we can go out and celebrate. Thank fully Blake didn’t have a game today so he could out with us.  And my boyfriend Andrew didn’t have work tonight. Yes, I have a boyfriend. He’s 6’5” and is biracial. He has black hair and big brown eyes. We’ve been dating for about a year now and things are going great. I love him to death. I don’t know what I’d do without him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 What do you think of it so far? Thanks for reading. I hope you liked it :)