Chapter 48 - Fool's Paradise

Blake and I were already all moved in to our new house. To celebrate, we're having a Hawaiian themed house warming party. It was being held in the backyard. There were tiki torches, coconut cups, and a buffet with a bunch of fruit and finger food. Everyone had a boa and the boys were in Hawaiian shirts and/or shorts while the ladies had grass skirts and/or coconut bras.

Two hours or so into the party, some of the ladies and I separate ourselves from the guys and make our way into the house. We went upstairs and began filling out balloons and water-guns with water. Then, Amber, Gloria, Kylie, Leah, Jennifer, Olivia, Ashley, Paige, Jada, Maleah, Marieka and I take the guns and buckets filled with the water balloons downstairs.

In minutes, we attack the guys with half of us spraying water and the other half throwing balloons. However, the ambush doesn't go completely as planned. Matt, Deandre, Blake, and Chris, the basketball players of the group, use their massive hands to block the water from their faces long enough for them to pry the water-guns away from Ash, Liv, Paige and Jada. They were now on the attack as Matias, Blake Reed, Taylor and the other guys began getting a hold of the water balloons and throwing them our way.

There was water everywhere and I slip and fall and almost bust my head open. Blake runs up to me and foolishly I think he's there to help me so I extend a hand to him. But Blake hits me with a water balloon straight in the face. I take a moment to squeeze all the water out of my eyes and hold my nose in attempt to suppress the pain from the water in my airway. Once I get it together, it was time for revenge. I get up and stay bended over and hold the water-gun to my side. Blake comes over to me.

"Babe, are you okay?"

I grow a sly smile as I raise the gun and hit him square in the face. Blake reaches out his arms and pulls me close to him as he stumbles back. I try to catch my balance but Blake sends us crashing into the pool. This splash sends water up into air and all around the pool. When I come up for air, I splash Blake before he dunks my head underwater. I remove his hand and come back up. Blake pulls me to him by the waist.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you." I say with a smile. We both lean in for a kiss and when we do, everyone erupts with "oohhh" and "awww". We both laugh as we separated. Deandre runs and jumps into the pool. Then, one by one, everyone began jumping in.

--------------------------------

After about an hour, I was getting pruney so I hop out to get towels. I run upstairs as water dripped from me. I run to the lining closet and quickly try to dry myself as much as possible. I grab some towels for everyone else and head back downstairs.

Before I get outside, I hear Blake's phone ring. I call him but the music was blaring and everyone was talking so he couldn't hear me. I sigh and set the towels down on the top of the couch and run over to get it. I see an unfamiliar number before answering.

"Hello?" I say. When there is no answer, I repeat myself. "Hellloo." I slur because I was somewhat tipsy. I then hear the phone click and then the dial tone. "Woah, fuck you." I say hanging up and tossing it on the couch. I pick up the towels and plan to rejoin everyone outside when I'm meant by Kylie coming inside.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey. Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah." Olivia comes out the kitchen and passes by us. "Liv, can you take these outside?"

"Sure." She takes the towels from me and brings them outside to everyone.

"What's up?" I ask Kylie.

She turns around and slides the back door closed, then she turns back to me.

"Woah, are you okay?"