Chapter 8 - Would He?

It was Friday. The day before the Barbeque at Deandre’s. I dropped Andrew off at the airport this morning. He should be back tomorrow night or early Sunday morning. Kylie and I are going to the barbeque together.

I sit on the sofa and watch music videos. There is a knock on the door. When I get up to answer it, Kylie comes bursting out of her room and knocks me back onto the couch.

“Weirdo” I direct at her before fixing myself. She answers the door and I see Maya, Jennifer and Leah standing there, in my doorway.

"Oh My Gosh” I exclaim before jumping out of my seat to hug the girls. Maya was my lovely little sister. She was a bit light than I was, and had beautiful long and curly hair. Jennifer was tall and had thick long dark hair that landed under her boobs. Leah had short thick blonde hair, that reached her shoulders. She had skinny long legs and sweet blue eyes.

 “What are you guys doing here?” I ask, leading them to the sofa.

“Kylie called us and said things were happening…” Maya tells me.

“Things like?” I ask confused.

“Things like you and Blake getting hot for each other” Leah blurts out.

“Kylie!” I punch her in the arm.

“Ouch!” She yells when my fist collides with her skin

“Blake and I aren’t ‘hot’ for each other, whatever that means” I say using my fingers to make air quotes when I say “hot”. “I am with Andrew, you guys know that, and we are happy together.”

 “So that explains why you guys almost kissed, right?” Jennifer says in response.

 “Kylie!” I punch her again. “It wasn’t an almost kiss, it was a misunderstanding.”

“Really? A misunderstanding? I wish Blake would misunderstand me.” Leah comments.

 “Gross. And yes both times were jus-” I begin but am cut off by Kylie.

 "Both? As in two? Meaning there was a second time? He tried to kiss you, Twice?”

 “Yeah, there was a second time.” I inform her.

 “Why am I just hearing about this?” Kylie asks, shocked.

 “Because whenever I tell you something you go and blurt it out to anyone who will listen.”  

“Not true.”

“Whatever. Can we just drop this whole “Blake” thing?”

 “Fine.” Maya tells me. “Guess what.”

 “What?” I ask

 “We’re going to that barbeque with you guys tomorrow, and we don’t have bathing suits, so you guys have to come shopping with us.”

 “You mean, you guys go shopping and I pay for everything.” I tell her.

 "Well if you’re offering, who am I to deny my older sister? Lets go.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya, Leah and I rode in my car. Jennifer and Kylie were in Kylie’s. We went to some little shop in downtown Hollywood. We shopped for like 3-4 hours, trying on different bathing suits. When we were finished, Kylie and I got a two piece and the rest of the girls had a one. Jennifer got an all black one piece, Kylie got a black and white poka dots two piece, Leah got a white one piece which had paint splattered dots on it, Maya got this weird pattern one with different colors and I got a multi-colored two piece.

We got lunch after shopping before dropping the girls back at their hotel. When we got home, Kylie and Matt went out on a date, so I was home all alone. It gave me some time to think. I take the pink stuffed pig off my dresser and put it to lay down with me in bed. I snuggle with it under my covers. It still smells like Blake. Blake. My friends were making a bigger deal out of everything then it was. Blake knows that I’m with Andrew and we are in love and very happy together. He knows nothing will happen with us because he’s just my best friend. He wouldn’t intentionally make a move on me. He wouldn’t want me all for himself and he wouldn’t risk ruining our friendship if he had feeling for me.

Would he?