Chapter 46 - Coming Home

As soon as we land, a car comes to pick us up from the airport and we're on our way to my apartment. I needed to see Kylie.

Kylie's P.O.V

I sit on the couch, getting frustrated with my laptop. I push buttons and type things over and over but nothing was working. I finally realize that there had been a knock at the door. I heard it for a while but I was so focused on the task at hand that I just kinda zoned it out. I sigh and place my computer on the couch and get up to answer the door.

"Who is it?" I ask walking over.

"Blake." He says from the other side.

"Hey." I say opening the door. "Come in." I walk back over to the couch and prop my leg on the armrest, picking up my laptop.

"What took so long?" He asks.

"Oh sorry. I've been trying to face time and Skype Mel all day and she isn't answering."

"That's because the wifi on the place, sucked." I hear from a familiar voice. But, it wasn't Blake's.

I'm in a state of excitement and shock as Melanie stood in the doorway. I practically fling my laptop off my lap and onto the couch. Unfortunately it doesn't stick the landing and end up crashing to the floor, but I don't care. As Melanie is walking in I run to her and jump on her to give her a hug. We got tumbling to the floor as I wrap my body around her and refuse to let go.

"I've missed you too." She laughs, trying to regain some air as I squeezed the life of her. "Okay that's enough." She says.

I laugh and let go so she could stand. "Oh my god, why didn't you tell me you were coming back?" I say grabbing a hold of her hands.

"Um, it was kind of a last minute decision." She says looking over at Blake. He smiles. "And, I wanted to surprise you." We swung our hands as they rested in each other's. I can't contain my happiness and pull her in for another hug.

"I should go and let you two catch up." Blake says. Melanie walks him to the door. As they stood over there talking, something unexpected happens. They kiss. Where the hell did that come from? I listen in closely as they say their "I love you's" then Blake leaves.

Mel closes the door and I pull her by the wrist over to the couch to join me.

"Oh no." She says seeing my laptop on the floor and picking it up and resting it on the table.

"It's fine. Right now is about you. I want to know everything."

---------------------------------------------

After about an hour of talking, she tells me about her job, all the new people she met, and all the things she learned, all the sight seeing and especially about Derek. But soon we got to the topic I was dying to talk about. Blake, of course.

"So, I saw that little interaction before. You and Blake, huh?"

"Yeah. I mean, he was a lot of why Derek and I didn't work out. I know we can't just erase everything that happened and we have a lot to work on but I'm willing to because I love him and I'm happy."

"Well, that's really all that matters and I'm happy for you."

"Thanks."

"Anyway, you're back. What do you wanna do first?"

"Honestly?" I nod. "Sleep in my own bed."

I laugh. "Okay. That's fair."

Mel gets up and walks over to her room, closing the door behind her. I take my laptop and place it on my lap, making sure it wasn't to damaged after it's fall earlier.