Chapter 14 - Meet and Greet

The next night I wear a navy blue and white high low dress with short black boots. I put all my hair to one side and wear a single sliver bracelet. Kylie attends Blake’s dinner party with me. She wears a black and while polka dot dress with a red belt. We arrive at Blake’s house at about 9:20pm.

“Hey” Kylie says to Blake when he answers the door. We are invited inside and when I step in, a wondering aroma slaps me in the face. Something cooking smelled amazing. The only other people there, so far, were Blake, Deandre and Matt. None of them could cook up something that smelled that fantastic, it had to be Gwen.

“So, where’s the famous Gwen?” I ask Blake.

“She’s in the bathroom. She’ll be down any second.”

Blake walked off into another room as Kylie and I sat on the sofa, watching tv, waiting on Gwen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylie and I turn our heads toward the stairs, when we here footsteps coming down from that direction. She wore a blue and pink patterned dress. It landed a little under her backside and had slips on either side of her stomach. She wore black pumps that looked 5-6 inches. And had dark black hair that was down to about her shoulders.

Kylie looked at me in disbelief. She told me on the way over that she wouldn’t like Gwen just because she was with Blake. And when I told her it wasn’t necessary, she ignored me. When Gwen got to the bottom step, Blake made his way to her, putting his arm around her waist.

Kylie and I got up from the couch to greet her.

“Kylie, Melanie.” Blake begins once we make our way over to them. “I want you to me Gwen.”

“Hi” Gwen speaks “It so nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so many great things about you two”

“Likewise” I tell her.

“Really? Because a week ago no one knew who the hell she was.” Kylie blurts out.

“Kylie! I’m sorry for. . .her.” I tell Gwen.

“It’s fine.” Gwen tells me.

“Yep. Looks Kylie forgot her mute button at home today.” Blake says and gives Gwen a kiss on the cheek before going to answer the door. Kylie rolls her eyes.

“If you’ll excuse me, I should go finish dinner.” Gwen tells Kylie and me before walking off into the kitchen.

“She seems nice.” I say to Kylie once Gwen is gone.

“So do lions. You know, before they get hungry and claw your face off.” I giggle at Kylie’s comment before everyone heads to the table for dinner.