Chapter 28 - Not My Boyfriend

KYLIE’S P.O.V.

I came 1 am last night. I was with Leah and Jennifer and this morning they came over to the apartment. They watch tv and sit on the sofa as I cook up eggs and French toast in the kitchen. Whenever we would hear moans and banging from Melanie’s room, we would laugh and “wonder” what she and Blake were doing in there so early in the morning. At around 8:30 Blake walks out of Melanie’s room. He finishes zipping and buttoning his pants before pulling down his shirt.

“Hello ladies.” He stays while doing the walk of shame past us.

“Hi Blake” We all say in unison. When he leaves and shuts the door behind him, we all run into Melanie’s room.

MELANIE’S P.O.V.

As soon as I hear the front door close, I see Kylie, Jennifer and Leah rush into my room. They all sit on my bed.

“Why?” I ask while getting up from laying position. They all have weird grins on they’re faces.

“Anything you want to tell us Mel?” Jennifer asks.

“No not really.” I tell her.

“Oh please Mel.” Leah starts off. “We heard the moans and groans and the creaking of the bed spring.”

“You’re lying.” I assume.

“Oh I wish. And by the way tell you’re little boyfriend to finish dressing before he walks out.” We all then get up and go into the living room.

“He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Wait a minute. When did all this happen?” Jennifer questions.

“The night she found out about Andrew. Then again on the night of her party.” Kylie answers for me.

“What I wanna know is how Kylie knew and we didn’t.” Leah says.

“Well when she doesn’t come home at night. It’s kinda hard hiding a secret relationship.”

“I wasn’t hiding it. It’s just I don’t even really know what we are yet and you guys tend to make a mountain out of a molehill. Not to mention everything with Andrew and Gwen. We just don’t want the whole world to know just yet.”

“We’re you’re friends. You can trust us not to say anything… Well you can trust me and Kylie.” Jennifer tells me.

“What is that suppose to mean?” Leah asks.

“Nothing. But you kinda have a big mouth.”

“That’s so hurtful.”

I intervene. “As much as I would love to hear you two go back and forth about the subject, Kylie and I have work so I’m going to go get ready.” I get up off of the couch and make my way to my room.

I put on gray jeans with an orange-ish top and white under shirt. When Kylie and I get to work, everything was pretty quiet. It was kind of a slow day.

-----------------------------------------

At around 1pm I head out to McDonalds to get smoothies for everyone. As I approach the door, I hear my name called from behind. When I turn around I set none other than Gwen moving toward me. She is wearing a black halter top with a pink floral skirt and silver heels.

“What do you want?” I ask when she reaches me.

“Can’t a girl just say hello to an old friend?” Gwen responses.

“Old friend? Pushing the envelope a bit, don’t you think?”

“Oh Melanie. It’s so nice to see you too.” She says sarcastically.