Chapter 51 - Can't Handle The Truth

The next day, I have on jean shorts with a light pink button down. I hear a knock at the door and run out of my room to answer it. When I open the door, Olivia, Ashley, Amber and Maleah all stood there.

"Hi." I say to them as they all gave me hugs and came inside. We all sit on the couch and club chairs around the coffee table. Kylie joins us. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you all doing here?"

"Well if you must know," Ash starts, "we heard about your little girls night out and were a little hurt that you didn't want us there and actually specifically asked Kylie not to invite us."

I'm taken back and give Kylie that "you little shit" face.

"I was mad at you." Kylie quickly says in defense.

"Look guys." I say directing my attention back toward the group. "I love you guys but you guys are Blake's friends."

"C'mon now. We're your friends too." Liv says.

"I know that. But you knew his first and we're friends because of him, technically. And, I don't know. Maybe just for one night I wanted nothing to do with anything or anyone that even remotely reminded me of him, including you guys. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I think we all get it. So, how have you been holding up?" Maleah asks.

"Well, after I lost my mind and burned basically any picture I had of him, I've just kept to myself, not exposing anyone to my misery."

"I'm sorry." Amber says coming over to sit on the armrest next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders and her head to rest on mine.

"Thanks. But you know, besides hurt and angry, through all of this, I've been really confused. I mean, why me? I though Blake and I were finally, finally, on the right track and then out of nowhere my whole world comes crashing down on top of me."

"Yeah. Blake was so wrong for not telling you the truth for the beginning. DJ and I had been telling him you need to know for weeks but he kept putting if off and-" Amber stops in the middle of her sentence when Liv, who was sitting on the other side of me, slaps her arm.

"What did you just say?" I say turning my head to look up at her.

"Me? What? I- Nothing. I didn't say anything."

"No." I say getting up and pushing her arm off of me. "You just said you and DJ had been telling him to tell me for weeks."

"Mel-"

"So you knew about this?" She doesn't answer and just looks at me filled with guilt. "How long?"

"Mel, just-" Ash says reaching for my arm, but I quickly pull away.

"Wait a minute, did you all know?"

"Not me." Kylie says, while everyone else was silent.