Chapter 3 - Not Sleeping Alone

Happy 4th of July to any of those that celebrated yesterday. I hope you like this chapter, it's one of my favorites so far. Enjoy and happy reading. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake dropped me off home and went to pack because he had to get on a plane. He had an away game the next day. Andrew was taking me out tonight because he wanted it to be just us two. I wore a short blue backless dress with long sleeves. My hair was pinned in a cute up due and I wore nude pumps. Andrew was taking me to my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. He picked me up at 8pm

“Hey Beautiful” Andrew said greeting me at my door.

“Hey babe” I said giving him a peck on the lips “You don’t look half bad yourself.”

I grabbed my purse and we made our way downstairs to his car, a silver Aston Martin. We drove about a half an hour to get to our destination. When we got outside the place was dark and completely empty.

“I think they’re closed” I said pouting

“They are” Andrew responded

I raised my eyebrows “If you knew they were closed then-” Andrew quickly pulled me by my waist, leaving my unable to finish my statement. He led me farther to the back of the restaurant. “Cover your eyes” He told me.

“Wanna tell me why?” I questioned

“Not really, no”

“Dude, you know I hate surprises”

“Yeah, but you’ll like this one” He said giving me a big dorky smile. I closed my eyes and he went behind me putting his hands over my eyes.

We walked a little a farther before he whispered “Open your eyes” into my ear, sending chills down my back. When I opened my eyes, I discovered a single table with rose peddles all around and candles. “Andrew, I can’t believe you did all this”

“Well, believe it” He said in that sexy deep voice of his. We had dinner and desert. We talked, laughed and hung out for hours. He dropped me at my door at 12.

“Come inside. Spend the night with me” I tired to convince him, when we reached my apartment door. 

“You know I want to, but I have work early and I can’t we worn out.” We both smirked at this. But I was determined to have him stay over. I connected out lips. I kissed him passionately. My back up against the door and his hands around my waist. My hands rested on his shoulders. Our lips moved in sync. His tongue traveling, exploring my mouth. He pulled away and as he was about to leave, I pulled him back by his hand. I pressed my forehand against his and let out a sigh. My hand now on his cheeks. “Please” I whispered. At this Andrew took my keys and opened the door. His picked me up bridal style and walked inside. Slamming the door shut behind us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The next morning, I woke alone in my bed. There was a note on my nightstand.

 Had to go to work. Last night was perfect. Glad I decided to stay.  Love you   -Andrew

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been about a week since my walk with Blake. He didn’t have a game today and since Andrew had work, we decided to hand out. I wore pink jeans with a star designed black and white sweater and short black boots. 

 “Hi!” I exclaimed hugging Blake as he twirled me around in his large arms.

“What are we doing today?” Blake asked.

 “Not much. Hurricane Gracie is coming.” 

“Well that sucks”

“But on the bright side, Kylie is spending the night at Matt’s and I have plenty of food and movies. So we could just hang out here.” Blake and I spent the day watching all five Fast and Furious movies. We ate pizza and drank beer and had ice cream. It was finally starting to feel like old times again. When we got tired of movies I decided to settle on watching a Knicks game.

 “Ugh” he groaned as I put the television on League Pass.

“Don’t wanna watch? Then get out” The knicks were my favorite basketball team, besides the Clippers of course.

“But the hurricane, I’m stuck here.”

“Then I just you don’t have a choice” I said bouncing around on the coach next to him.

“Then I just you don’t have a choice” Blake said mocking me. I playfully punch him in the arm and he chuckles.

It’s the fourth quarter in the game. Two minutes left. Knicks and Boston were tied. I was literary on the edge of my seat. Blake faked yawned, obliviously trying to be annoying. “Will you shut up?” I say to him. Blake grabs the remote from me and begins to flip threw the channels. My eyes widen when I realize what he has done. It was going down now. I chase him around the apartment trying to get the remote back. “Give it to me, NOW.” I say viciously.

“If you want it back, all you have to do is catch me.” He mocked me. He knew he was bigger and faster. When I zigged, he zagged. When I went under, he went over. Finally I get fed up and jump over the coach to get to him. We land on the ground, with me on top of him. I try to wrestle the remote out of his hands. “Give it” I groan, trying to pry it out of his hand. He’s got a tight grip. He flings me off him and settles on the coach, remote still in his hand. I sit next to him.

“Please, the game is almost over, then we can watch whatever you want.” I pleaded “Nah, I think i'll keep this". That’s it. THAT’S FUCKING IT. I jump on Blake trying to get the remote. He out smarts me and moves the remote to his other hand. He then flips me off his shoulders and on to the coach. He gets on top of me and tickles me. Shit. I burst out in uncontrollable laughter. “Stop it” I managed to get out in between laughs.

“Say you’re sorry” he demands. I kick him in the stomach, off the couch and onto the floor. He hold he stomach in pain. I grab the remote and change the channel as fast as possible. I’m to late. Carmelo Anthony hit a game winner and I missed it. I was pissed. “Well that hurt.” Blake said getting back on the coach. “Good. I missed the rest of the game. You’re an asshole.” He face softens as he realizes I’m not in a joking mood. “I’m sorry” he says tugging on my arm, trying to get me to face him. “Whatever, I’ll get you ice for your stomach” I say getting up and going to the freezer.

I sit back down and hand Blake the ice. The tv is off now, so the room is silent. “Hey, I’m sorry” Blake says again. I ignore him, with my back toward him. My arms are folded over my chest. He pulls on my arm, pulling me closer to him. I rest my head on his chest.

The lights go out from the storm. “Damn it.” I say before getting up.

“Where are you going?” He questions.

“To get flash lights.” I respond

“Why? Its 10:30 anyway. Sleep time.” He pulls me back down onto the sofa. My head once again on his chest. The room is silent and pitch black. His large arms are wrapped around me. It was cold and the lighten flashed threw the balcony door and lit up the room. With the fierce sound of thunder, I nuzzled up closer to him. His wrapped his arms around me tighter when this happened. He kissed my forehead and whispered “Goodnight”  in my ear, just before I dozed off. And I had a very goodnight sleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone liked the chapter. Please tell me what you think of the story so far.