Chapter 40 - Surprise: Part One

***12 months later***

I throw on a black shirt with a blue and red owl and gray jeans. i drop myself on my bed. I pull out my new laptop from my bed side dresser and turn it. Within minutes of typing things and pushing buttons, my lovely bestfriend, Kylie, pops up on on my screen.

"Hi beautiful." She says grinning at me.

"Hello lovely." I say back. It had been almost a week and a half since we last skyped and I missed her. "What's up?"

"I'm getting ready." She moves her laptop around, showing me her outfit, shoes and makeup. "Date night with Matthew."

"Awww, happy anniversary. I can't believe it's been four years since I set you two up."

"I know. I mean, I don't know how I've put up with him for so long." 

"More like God bless his soul for putting up with you." I joke.

Kylie playfully roles her eyes. "Whatever. Anyway, speaking of boyfriends, where's yours?"

"Derek had to work a double shift tonight so I won't see him until tomorrow afternoon because I have work in the morning."

"So, everything's going well with you guys?"

"Yeah. Everything's amazing actually. I've never been with someone so open and honest. Being around him is like a breath of of fresh air."

"You know where the air is just fantastic? LA. And I'm so ready for you to inhale this air. You should be home in a couple of weeks and I'm siked. We're going to go shopping and to this new frozen yogurt shop and-"

"About that..." I interrupt.

"What?" 

"I don't think I'm coming home."

"What are you talking about?" 

"I mean, it's not forever, but I was offered to stay another year or so working for Perron and I think I'm gonna take it."

"Why would you do that? You need to come home, like, now."

"I want to..but there's nothing really for me there." 

"What are you saying? There's me and your family and your friends."

"I know that. But my job is here and Derek is here and I have friends here too."

"So, what? You don't need us anymore?"

"I didn't say that. But I think what I need and what I want is to be here right now."

"Ok."

"Ok?" I say confirming.

"If that's what's best for you."

"Don't be sad, get pretty, have a great time and send me a bunch of pictures."

"Ok."

"I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Okay. Love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, Derek and I walk into my room after yet another one of our amazing dates. As I'm putting down my purse, Derek comes up behind me and pushes all of my hair to one side. He begins to kiss my neck. He lets his hands glide down my arms. I turn around to face him. In an instance, Derek connects his lips to mine. As we kiss, our lips grow more and more hungry for one another. Derek rests his hands on my waist as he moves his lips back to my neck. The feeling of him lips and tongue on my neck causes me to moan his name.

Derek moves his hand to my shoulder, pulling down the strap of my long black dress. He begins to kiss my shoulder and collar bone, which tickles and makes me giggle. Derek returns to my lips. We begin to make our way over to the hallway before my bedroom, but I bump into the coffee table. We break from our kiss. Chuckling slightly and looking at the papers that were now on the floor, Derek says "Maybe we should move this to the bedroom."

"Maybe we should." I take his hand in mine and lead him down the hall to me room. Just as we enter Derek closes the door and pushes my back up against it. With his hands on my waist, Derek begins to kiss me passionately. Then he locks all ten of our fingers together and pins my hands over my head, against the back of the door. He kisses my neck again, gliding his tongue over it once and a while.

Derek sets me free and pulls me by the waist over to the edge of the bed. He sits down with me in between his legs. I run my fingers through his hair as he looks up at me. He sends me one of his signature smiles and I feel weak. As if my body was calling for him. I bite my bottom lip and turn my back to him. Slowly but surely, his hands find their way to my zipper. After my zipper is out of the way, Derek pulls me closer to him. He places one small and soft kiss to my lower back after another. This makes me moan and bite my lip again, while grabbing onto his hands, which once again laid on my hips.

When he was done teasing me, Derek turns me back around to face him. He looks deep into my eyes. Those green jewels drove me crazy. I couldn't take it anymore so I bend over to kiss him. However, he had other ideas. Before I could kiss him, Derek gets up and throws me down on the bed. He gets on top and begins to have his way with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we're finished Derek and I lay under my blanket. I lay with my head on his chest with our legs entwined and his arm around me. After a couple of minutes of silent, I say "I know something that'll make this ten times better."

"I don't know if that's possible, but what is it?"

"I'll be right back." I get out of bed, find my bra and underwear around the room before putting them on. I also slip into the button down shirt Derek was wearing earlier that night. I give Derek a quick kiss before running out of the room. I intend on going to the kitchen but first, I take the "Do Not Disturb" sign and place it outside the door, hanging on the knob. Next, I hurry into the kitchen and grab a bottle of wine and two glasses.

As I'm on my way back to my room, I hear a knock at the door. I try to ignore them and sneak back to my room but I stumble on the papers Derek and I dropped earlier. I catch myself before I fall, but I make enough noise so that the person on the other side of the door knows I'm here. They knock again. This time with more urgency. I sigh as I slowly walk toward the door. They knock again rapidly.

"Ok. I'm coming." I call to them. I set the bottle and two glasses on a small table next to the door, just as I hear yet another knock. I get annoyed. "For crying out loud. Do you not see the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door?" My voice trails off at the end of my sentence. My expression completely changes when I open the door. He just stands there, looking at me. As if I should say something first. Almost automatically, my eyes begin to tear up. It was a sigh for sore eyes. After everything that happened. After so many things were said. After eleven long months. He's here. I could almost feel my heart bleed as Blake stood there, in my doorway.