Chapter 35 - The Bitch Is Back

Tonight, Blake and I decided just spend the night in. Blake was coming over and we were going to just watch scary movies and eat junk food, while Kylie went out with some friends. When I get home from work I clean my room. I change into leather gray pants, a striped cream and red sweater and short boots. I knew after our movie marathon was over, I would want to hop right into bed. I hear Kylie call out to me.

“Mel, I’m leaving.”

“Ok, bye.”

Then I hear the door close. A couple seconds later I hear a knock at my door. “Come in.” I call to the person on the other side of it.

I look over to see Blake entering my room.

“Hi.” He says pecking me on the lips.

“Hi.” I say back to him. “How’d you get in?”

“Kylie let me in on her way out. What’s going on here?”

“I’m just clearing up so when I’m ready for bed, my bed is ready for me.”

“Well, hurry. The movie on Syfy starts in five minutes, plus we need our snacks.”

“You could get off your phone and go do that while I finish cleaning up.” As soon as Blake walked in, he has been on his phone the entire time, barely even looking up at me.

“You want me off? Fine.” Blake pushes the button on the top of his iphone, locking it, and he sets it down on the dresser beside my bed.

“Thank you. All the snacks and stuff are on the kitchen counter. I’ll be out in a bit.”

“Ok.” He said before giving me another kiss and exiting my room.

About a minute later, I finish. I turn off my room light and shut the door behind me.

-------------------------

About four hours later, it is midnight. Blake and I are both beat after a long day and decide to call it a night. I walk him to the door.

“You sure you don’t want me to stay and help you clean up?” He asks as we walk over to the door. I open it for him.

“I’m sure. You have an early practice and a game tomorrow. You need rest. I can clean this up.”

“Alright.”

“Bye.” He connects our lips and we stay there for a while but then we both pull away.

“I love you.” He says smiling and looking me in the eyes, deep into my soul.

“I love you too.” He gives me another peck on the lips before walking off.

When he leaves I clean up, putting away extra chips and candy, pouring out left over soda and throwing away empty wrappers. I finally return to my room. I don’t turn the light on but instead, flop onto my bed. This is when I hear a beep, like a test message being received. I knew it wasn’t mine, but I check my phone anyway. This is when I notice the light for Blake’s phone, lighting up on top of my dresser. I grab it and rush to the door. I stop and realize Blake is long gone. I set his phone down and pull mine out my pocket. I dial his number. It wasn’t until I hear his phone ring right in front of me, that I realize I can’t call him. I grab his phone and walk back into my room. He was probably asleep, so in the morning, I would just call his house phone and tell him to come and get it. Just as I’m setting his phone down, Blake receives another text. I can’t help but see who it’s from.

I am in disbelief at the name that flashes across Blake’s screen. In letters slapping me across my face, it reads “You’re to good to me. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” And in even bigger letters that were practically stabbing me in the gut, it read “Gwen”…