Chapter 18 - Someone Like You

Today is my Birthday and I am in a good mood and this is one of my favorite chapters so I decided to post it. Enjoy !

-----------------------------

For Blake’s game, I wear a black and pink floral bottom and a light pink button down shirt with a cross necklace and black stilettos. Kylie was coming with me. She wore a pink and black spaghetti strap top and a hot pink skirt. The game started at 7:30pm.

We got to the Staples Center at around 7:25. We sat 3 rows from the court. I didn’t see Gwen anywhere. I guess she was upset about me coming that she decided not to. But she didn’t miss anything special. Blake only scored nine points, and three of them were free throws. He was off the whole night. Getting fouls and turnovers left and right, and flopping. The Clippers lost the game. I wanted to know what could make Blake so upset that it through him completely off. After the game, Kylie waited in the car while I went to look for him.

After walking around a bit, I found him sitting in the front row of the arena. He sits in the chair staring at the ground, looking totally out it. The only life shown in him was when I made my way over to him and spoke.

“Hey.” I said standing in front of him.

“Hey. What are you still doing here?” He responds.

“I could ask you the same question. But, I was looking for you.”

“Well…you found me.”

“Yeah. What’s wrong Blake?”

“Nothing.”

I give him a “yeah right” look.

I know it gets to him when he says “Ok. But I don’t want to talk about it here.”

I whisper the beginning “I don’t know it you’ve noticed, but” and take a seat next to him then yell the end “NO ONE ELSE IS IN HERE”

It was true. The place was so empty that I could hear my echo even when I spoke in a whisper.

“Now tell what’s up.” I tell him.

“It’s Gwen.” Blake says before I see sadness dance across his face.

“Well, lots of things are wrong with that one, so you’re gonna have to be a little more specific.”

“She was using me..." Blake's voice fads at the end.

“What does that me."

"It means that she didn't care about me at all, all she cared abut was how many zeros were on my checks. She was lying to me and using me and even cheating."

"How can you be one hundred percent sure?" 

“Lastly, I've just been getting this bad vibe or feeling with her. Leaving the room to answer calls, lying about certain things and being really shady. I saw her phone in the table, unclock... I know I should have but I looked and everything I needed to know was right there, staring me in the face.

“Blake, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be. I mean, you and Kylie were right. I guess I sure know how to pick um.” The last line he said sarcastically.

“I’d rather be wrong than to see you like this.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine.” Blake assures me.

“You will.” I speak in a low tone and use my hand to push up his chin so his eyes meet mine. “Look at me. Gwen is an idiot. You’re funny and smart and sweet and thoughtful and awesome. Any girl would be lucky to have you. And if she is to caught up in herself to realize that, then it’s her loss. You deserve to be with someone who is crazy about you. Someone who is funny and smart and pretty and kind. Someone who is more than a girlfriend. Someone like your better half. Someone like a ride or die. Someone like a bestfriend. Someone like…” I trail off while trying to think of what to say. But Blake fills in the blank for me.

“Someone like you?” Blake says in a low, deep tone. This sends chills through my body. 

The pace of my heart beat increase. My palms became sweaty and I could feel my mouth go dry, leaving me speech less. What did he just say? I thought to myself. I lose eye contact with Blake and look at my hands as I play with them. But in a matter of seconds after Blake spoke, I found the words to respond.

I regain eye contact with Blake. I let out a strong sigh, “Blake-” Before I could finish, I am interrupted my Blake’s lips meeting mine. He puts his hands on my cheek and pulls me in. I feel tingles shoot through my entire body. My pulse began racing. At first, I don’t react, in shock. But without thinking, I kiss back. I let his tongue explore my mouth. His pulls me closer and deepens the kiss. I could feel the electricity as we kissed each other passionately. My hands don’t listen to my head when I place my hands on Blake’s upper arms. 

I soon jump back into reality. No matter how much I liked the kiss with Blake and didn’t want it to end. It had to. I was still very much in a relationship with Andrew. I pull away from  him and stand up.

“Um…” I say whipping my mouth with the back of my hand.

“I’m so sorry.” Blake says standing up.

“No…It’s um…I should probably go. Kylie is waiting for me.” I walk out of the arena.

“Melanie!” Blake calls after me but I ignore him and keep walking. 

----------------------

So? What do you think? Vote it up :)