Chapter 15 - Stay Out Of My Way

We ate dinner and talked and laughed for what seemed like forever. It was really fun but got super awkward when Kylie would make rude comments about or towards Gwen, but she just brushed it off every time.

But on the other hand, Gwen cooked an amazing dinner. There was steak, mashed potatoes, rice and peas, corn and brownies for dessert.

“Melanie, do you mind helping me bring dessert out?” Gwen asks me during the conversation at the dinner table.

“Yes” Kylie says under her breath but loud enough that Gwen hears her from across the table.

“You know what? I’ll get it myself.” Gwen says looking hurt by Kylie’s response.

“No, its fine. I can help.” I tell Gwen before getting up from my seat and following her into the kitchen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I fiddle with my fingers as I stand at the island in the kitchen, waiting for Gwen to take the brownies out of the oven. She stood across from me as she sets the hot pan on the island in between us.

“Wow, that’s smells amazing.” I tell her, waiting on a response but I never get one. “You know, when I was younger, I used to love cooking with my mom. I don’t bake or anything as much as I used to but-”

“Did I ask?” Gwen asks with an attitude, cutting me off and continuing to tend to the chocolate treats.

I look over my shoulder, wondering if she was talking to someone else.

“Gwen, sweetie, who were you just talking to?”

“Who the hell do you think I was talking to?” She stands straight to face me while holding herself up with both hands on the island.

“Ok, listen, I don’t know who pissed in your cereal-”

“No. You listen.” She cuts me off, again. “I see the way you look at Blake. And I’m warning you, stay away from him and stay out of my way and we won’t have any problems."

“Have you completely lost it? If you think I’m going to stay away from one of my best friends, because you said so, some plaything who's going to be history is about two weeks, you’ve got another thing coming. I’m not afraid of you.”

“You should be. Just stay your place and don’t even think about trying to take mine.” With that, Gwen takes the brownies and walks out of the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the rest of the night, I gave Gwen the cold shoulder. When she asked me a question or spoke to me I ignored her. In front of Blake she was a sweet heart, but behind his back, she was a complete bitch. Blake was to busy with Gwen’s tongue down his throat to notice anything was wrong but not Kylie. As soon as we reached home, she asked me about it.

“What happened?” Kylie asks me.

“What do you mean?”

“One second you were ‘Team Gwen’ and the next you didn’t even look her way. What’s up?”

“Is there something wrong with that?”

“Nothing but personally I liked you being a little bitchy. But why the bitch mode?”

“I was with Gwen in the kitchen, trying to make conversation and she went all diva on me. Telling me to ‘stay out of her way’ and to ‘stay in my place’ when it came to Blake, I wanted to rip her pretty little hair out her head.”

“I knew it!”

“Do you want to know what really kills me? Blake sees he as some little angle.”

“Not for long.” Kylie says with a suspicious look on her face.

“Kylie? What does that mean?”

“Blake’s my friend too and Matt’s. There is no way I’m going to sit around and let little miss Gwen hurt him.”

“How is gonna hurt him? Yeah she is way to territorial but she seems to really like him.”

“Oh Melanie, sweet little naïve stupid inexperienced Melanie. She doesn’t care about him, she is obviously just using him for his money and fame.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“Because…I knew her back in college. We had some classes together and she lived in my building. She basically slept with half of the campus. And her type? Rich kids with trust funds, guys likely to be number one draft picks, anything from football, to basketball, even golf. They would literally shower her with expensive gifts but that didn't stop her from screawing anything that pees while standing. I don’t trust as far as I can throw her. She is a gold digging tramp and I’m going to make sure everyone else sees it.”

This should be interesting. I thought to myself.