Chapter 31 - I Don't Want To Lose You

I find myself back at the beach. Its almost completely empty. That is except for Blake. He sat alone at the bonfire which was almost out. I walk over to him.

“Hey.” I speak softly. He looks up at me.

“Hey.”

I sit down next to him. “What are you still doing here?”

“I knew you wouldn’t walk all the way home. I wanted to be here when you got back so you didn’t have to go home alone and had a ride.”

As Blake was talking, I realized he is the sweetest guy ever. I needed to tell him what happened, well almost happened with Andrew.

I sigh. “I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” He says looking over at me.

I get chocked up. I stand up and face the water.

I feel his hand grab my shoulder. “Hey. What ever it is you can tell me.”

I turn to face him. I just can’t look at him so I walk past him. “ I did something really bad. And stupid. And I’m so sorry.”

“Mel. Just tell me.”

I turn to face him again. “When I left here I was walking for a while…”

“Yeah.”

“And I stopped by Gorver Park and I was sitting there by myself on the swings…”

“Ok.”

“And then Andrew showed up.”

“Oh.”

“At first I didn’t even want to breathe the same air as him. But then we talked. And then he offered me a ride home. But I didn’t want to go home so we went back to his place…”

I paused and this time Blake didn’t make a comment. He just remanded silent.

“We were just talking at first and it felt normal like old times. And then…he kissed me. I wasn’t thinking.  I was just angry with you. And being around him after all this time made me realize I wasn’t a hundred percent over him.” I swallow hard before continuing. “But then we went to his room. My mind was racing and I had a million things going through my head. And then one thing lead to another an-”

“Did you sleep with him?” Blake cuts me off. I knew what I was saying was killing him but I needed to tell him the truth. I’ve been in untruthful relationships before and look where that’s gotten me.

“No. I sat on his bed. Fully clothed and when he kissed my neck. All I could think about was him and the girl on top of him. The image just planted in my brain. And I realized that the whole time the picture was there and as I much as I wanted it out of my head. It wouldn’t go away. I got up and walked out. He met me downstairs and I told him that we could never been together because I could never trust him again. I forgive him, I do. But I will never, ever, be able to forget that.” I exhale heavily.

“You’re probably wondering why I just came and told you right away. And I just don’t want there to be any secrets between us. I care about you so much and as much I want to be with you exclusively, if you don’t want that, I can't force it. And now, if you never want to see me again, and want nothing to do with me, I understand. But just know I am so sorry. I don’t deserved you because you’re amazing. And I-”

While I was speaking something unexpected happened. Blake takes me face and connects our lips. I didn’t know if it was a goodbye kiss or if he was insane, but I kiss back. Enjoying every second, thinking that it just might be out last.

He pulls away and keeps his forehead rested on mine.

He speaks in a low voice. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

I pull back form him shocked. “What? After everything I just told you?”

“Listen. It sucked hearing that. But it does mean something to me that you told me the truth. And hearing that made me realize that I don’t want to lose you or have anyone else call you theirs. So I repeat my self.” He slides his hands down my arms and into my hands. He interlocks out fingers and stares into my eyes.

“Will. You. Be. My. Girlfriend?”

I bite my lip and put a thinking face on and he chuckles. “Yes.” I finally say. I wrap my arms around his neck and his moves his arms to around my waist. We hug and he picks me up and twirls me around. He sets me on the ground before kissing me sweetly. Then we hold hands again as we walk off the beach and back to his car.

-----------------

Comments :)