Chapter 47 - Bun In the Oven?

The next morning I tip toe through the front door so I don't wake Kylie.

"How was last night?" She says getting up from laying on the couch and startling me.

"You scared me half to death." I say holding my chest.

"I bet." She gets up. "So..."

"So?"

"How was it?"

"Eventful."

"What does that mean?"

"Blake asked me to move in with him and I said yes."

"What?" Kylie says surprised.

"Yeah, he got on one knee and gave me this." I hold out my little blue box to her. She opens it and gasps.

"Awww." She says and I smile.

"Yeah. I was totally not expecting it when he brought it up, I realized there was nothing i want more. I want to spend the rest of my life with him and living together is a step in the right direction."

"I'm so happy for you." Kylie says closing the box and wrapping her arms around me in a hug. "But..." She says over my shoulder then pulls away. She goes into my room and brings me the CVS bag containing the test. I exhale heavily when I see it. "Mel, you can't delay this forever. And it's better you know sooner than later."

I sigh. "You're right." I take the bag from her an walk into my bathroom. A couple minutes later I flush, wash my hands and walk out. I set the test, with the cover, on top of the box on the table. Next to it Kylie sets her phone with a timer counting down three minutes.

I go over to the counter and lean up against it as I stare at the time. I feel like the longer I stare, the slower the time passes. It has already been the longest moments of my life and a minutes hasn't even pasted yet. Kylie comes over and pulls herself on top of the counter. She gives me shoulder to rest my head as she rubbed my back. I knew she could feel hoe tense I was.

"I hope you know that whatever that test says, it's not going to change how anyone feels about you, especially not Blake. If anything, it'll make you two closer. Giving a man his first child is something special that no one can ever take away from you."

"I know Blake would be by my side every step of the way, and he loves kids and he's good with them. I have not one doubt in my mind that he'll be an amazing father and it's not like finance is an issue for him." She turns me around to face her.

"Then what is it?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's that I didn't even want to have sex until I was married. That went out the window. Now, I might be having a child out of wedlock, all on top of shacking up with my boyfriend. And..." The words get caught in my throat.

Kylie squeezes me hand. "It's okay."

I swallow hard and manage to get a few words out as I try to contain the dryness in my mouth and the tears building in my eyes. "I'm scared." I choke out in a whisper. Kylie pulls me in and holds on tight as I allow the tears to roam down my face. After a few moments of silence, besides my heavy breathing, the loud timer blares throughout the apartment. I flip around as Kylie looks over as we both now glare at her phone going off on the table. I slowly turn and walk over and use my index finger to turn if off.

I sigh and close my eyes as I reach for the test. With my eyes shut, I feel Kylie's hands rest on my shoulders. Her comfort made this whole thins a little bit easier. I hold the test up and slowly begin to open my eyes. I feel Kylie's the grip getting tighter as she lightly gasps. Another tear falls from my eye as I finally open them with slightly blurred vision. I try to let it sink it but a million thought ran through my head. My stomach dropped each time as I read the word over and over again in my head. "Pregnant."