Chapter 13 - One Woman Man

“Girlfriend?” The word swirled through my head. I questioned it, not yet able to fully wrap my head around the thought of Blake being in a relationship

“Yeah…we met at a coffee shop in Oklahoma City the last time I was there…” Blake began. But I zoned out. I turn to face the counter and place my hands on the edge, trying to hold my self up. I wanted to break down. And the crazy thing is, I didn’t even know why.

“Are you ok?” Blake asks me while grabbing onto my lower arm. I pull my arm away and walk to the other side of the room.

“I’m fine.” I lie while trying to pull myself together. I couldn’t let Blake know anything was wrong. He would know I read way more into our encounters then he probably intended.

“Ok. Well, I want you to meet her.” Blake tells me.

 I turn to face him. “Who?”

“My girlfriend. Her name is Gwen.”

“I didn’t ask you what her name was. And I don’t really care.”

“What’s wrong? You don’t like her already?”

“I didn’t say that. But you should make sure she’s genuine and she doesn’t like you because you’re ‘Blake Griffin ” I make air quotes with my fingers “but because you’re a good person and she likes you for you.”

“And you can help me with that when you meet her.”

“I don’t know.”

“Please? Tomorrow night? My place?”

I sigh “Ok. Fine.”

“Thank you.” He wraps his arm around my shoulder and gives me a friendly kiss on my forehead. “I have to go, I am going to be late. Bye.”

“Bye.” As Blake rushes out I shut the door behind him. I clean up the soda with a mop and throw the now sticky rug in the wash. I sit on the sofa as I think about the next night. I was meeting Blake’s girlfriend. He wasn’t much of a one women guy so her being his “girlfriend” was a big deal. And knowing Blake, she wasn’t just any plain girl. At this thought, I rush up and go to my closet as I fling clothes out left and right. I needed to find something to wear.