Chapter 49 - The End Of The Road

When Blake and I get home, I go into the kitchen to put away our leftovers. When I leave the kitchen, I see Blake in the living room, sitting in a club chair with his head down in his hands. I cock my head back in confusion.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He says lifting his head and resting his chin in his hands.

"Okay. Well, if you need me I'll upstairs, trying to find a job online." I walk to the bottom of the steps but turn when I hear Blake.

"Why are you looking for a job?"

"Why do people have jobs? To financially support themselves? Maybe?"

 "You don't have to do that. You know I've got you."

I walk over to Blake and squat down, laying my hand on his shoulder. "I love you and really appreciate it. But you know I will never be the type to sit around all day and have someone take care of me, especially not a man. Even if it's the best man in the world."

"If that's what you want."

"It is. But thank you and I love you for offering." I kiss him on the cheek and stand up. I begin to jog up the stairs.

"Melanie."

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "Yeah?"

"I have to talk to you."

"Can it wait? I really have to get this done." I say holding onto the railing.

"Uh...no. It can't wait."

"Okay." I walk down the stairs and go over to him as he stands up.

"What is it?"

"You should sit."

I get frustrated. "Blake, will you just..."

"Can you please just sit?" Blake says cutting me off.

"Fine." I throw my hands up as I surrender. I walk around and take a seat on the couch. "What is it?"

Blake sighs then sits down. He moves to the edge of the seat and reaches over, talking my hands in his. I raise an eyebrow at him, wondering what could be so serious.

He clears his throat before looking up at me. "It's...uh...It's about something that happened when you were away?"

I scoff with the roll of my eyes and pull away from him when I stand up. "Really, Blake? I told you. I don't care and don't wanna know about you and your little groupies."

 "I know, but I have to tell you this." He says still in his seat, looking up at me.

"Why?"

He doesn't say anything and when I roll my eyes and turn around to walk away, he shoots up. "Please." he says softly.

I sigh and turn back around to face him. I fold my arm. "Okay, what?"

"I was with someone while you were gone."

"Yeah, Gwen."

"No, someone else."

"That's it? That's what you needed to tell me? That you slept with someone else?"

"No, there's more."

"Oh my goodness. Blake, will you just spit it out?" I say becoming impatient.

"I was so stupid and I didn't use protection."

"So? Do you think you caught something? You think I should get tested or something?"

"No, that's not it." Blake says shaking his head.