#1 B&B

Riya.

The man in front of me seemed to be in his sixties, a powerful aura around him. I bit my lips and crossed my fingers.

"I'm glad that you finally accepted my invitation," he said.

I just nodded, I couldn't even say that I have no other way now. Vivek's people have crossed the limits and it's getting me worried.

"I will accept all your conditions sir," I said directly, not beating around the bush. "I will accept your protection, I will transfer college," I said.

"That's excellent!"

"But I have a condition too" I added and he stilled, looking wary now.

"What is it?"

"My mamma is not well, you have to support her, if you agree to cover her treatment expenses, I will accept your offer"

"Mamma?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, a kidney failure patient in Nest orphanage, she is the only elder who is staying there," I said.

Joseph Aldrick was staring at me now.

"You can decide sir"

"It's easy," Joseph said after a moment. "I'm just surprised that someone so young can be so thoughtful," he said.

"Thank you so much, sir!" I said, relieved that I have at least done something for her.

"You can move in tomorrow"

I tried not to look surprised, I have promised myself that I wouldn't wish for the impossible again. No, I don't want to know about my family anymore, Uncle Ananth's accident had taught me at least that. I will take this purely as business, I want to survive and I want to help mamma, this is my only way now.

"Where will I be staying sir?" I asked politely.

"You can stay at Aldrick's house for now," he said and I was taken by surprise.

I don't know why I should stay at Aldrick's or transfer college, but I guess I don't have any other way now.

"How long am I expected to stay?" I asked again.

"It depends," Joseph Aldrick said. "I am investigating Ananth's death now, I am afraid you will also be targeted"

"It was a car accident!" I exclaimed.

"I don't think so," Joseph Aldrick said. "I was attacked too, they will be targeting you next"

"I have nothing to do with any of these, why would they attack me?"

Joseph Aldrick considered me for a moment "you really don't have any idea, do you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ananth got killed while he was investigating your family, I don't know how much they know about you, but you are in danger now"

My heart stopped then. I can't believe what I'm hearing now! I always wanted him to find my true family. I even refused to talk to him for two months until he promised me he will tell me about my parents.

If Joseph sir is right, it's all my fault, I killed him, I killed Uncle Ananth! it was me who was pestering him after my eighteenth birthday. I tried all means to convince Uncle Ananth to find my family.

"Riya, are you alright?" Joseph sir was asking me, but I couldn't even reply.

"Riya"

"Sir" I trembled. " I..I am willing to do anything you ask for, please investigate Uncle Ananth's death," I said robotically.