#14 B&B

Neev.

Sachin looked surprised to see me. l passed the ball to him and he caught it.

"Nivin!?" he said, then broke into a grin. "it's a surprise!" he said, walking towards me. "l hope you haven't lost your touch"

"Let's see, shouldn't we?" l said cockily.

"And the price? what will you give me if l win the game?"

"What do you want?" l asked back.

"That bike you imported, that Ecosse titanium limited edition," he said.

l stilled. he knew how much trouble l had to bring it to India.

It's my baby!

"So..do we have a deal?" Sachin asked me victoriously. He knew how much l love that bike.

"And what will you give me if l win?" l asked him back.

Sachin was playing with the ball, expertly doing some difficult positions with it.

"Ask it, it's yours" he shrugged.

"The bracelet!" l said and he stilled. "the old pearl bracelet," l said again.

Sachin's eyes widened a little, his eyes moved to Riya, who was sitting anxiously in the front row.

"Don't tell me!..no..it's not possible-"

"So what do you say, Sachin Dixit?"

"That bracelet is not mine to give it away!" Sachin said.

"So you are worried about losing to me!" l touched a nerve. yes, l am deliberately trying to trap him.

He broke into a grin. "that's right, why should l worry!" Sachin started to play with the ball again. "it's not a race, it's a basketball match!" he said. "and l get a bike free!"

"Sure, Then let's start," l said.

"Three minutes!" the coach shouted and blew the whistle.

And we started. Sachin took the ball in a flash, he was so natural and l tried to snatch it, blocking his way, but-

"THAT'S SACHIN DIXIT, WHO SCORED A BASKET!" The commentary started.

And l got the ball. Sachin was right behind me, trying to snatch it away, but l have known him for years now that, l kind of knows his moves, it was always beneficial whenever we played in a team, it was the first time we are playing against each other and l have this advantage over him.

l was near the basket now, as l tried to miss him, Sachin expertly got the ball from me and raised up, l know what he's doing and pushed him off with my shoulder and scored while the whole stadium gasped or cheered.

The spectators have split into two groups now, apparently, the betting has started again. My people cheered as Sachin's fans looked outrageous.

"FOUL!!!" The coach bellowed as Sachin fell down on the hard floor. He started to blow the whistle.

l walked to Sachin and offered my hand, he looked up and our eyes met. the confusion in his face turned to shock.

He took my hand, l helped him up, the coach was beside us now, shouting the rules at me, but we were in a staring contest.

"Stop!" Sachin raised up his hands at the coach who instantly shut up, his eyes were still on me.

"l never thought you wanted to win this bad," he said to me.

Both of us knew what he meant, Sachin's eyes turned to see Riya, who looked shocked and worried.

"l don't want to lose my bike" l shrugged, feigning ignorance.