#19 B&B

Neev.

"Come in," The order came. I looked at Riya, she looked a nervous mess. I wanted to hold her hands, but know I can't.

We opened the door and walked inside.

Grandpa was already waiting in the settee.

"Why did you turn off your phone yesterday?" He started as soon as we were in front of him.

"I didn't feel like answering" I shrugged, I couldn't help it anymore, I heard the soft gasp from Riya beside me.

"You are hopeless, Nivin, I was wrong to think I could straighten you" Grandpa said darkly.

"I didn't ask you to take me in" I said angrily. "All I wanted was my freedom" I said.

"And you? Where did you run off like that?" Grandpa turned to her.

"I...I..am sorry..my..phone..lost..I-" Riya was looking shaken.

"Riya! He set you up yesterday! He selected your hotel so that he can threaten us!" I said, losing it completely.

I dont want to see her like this!

"She knows what's the punishment for disobeying, don't you, Riya?"

"I am so...sorry..please forgive m-"

"Riya! stop it" I exclaimed again.

I can't believe the same Riya, who had challenged Grandpa after getting beaten up was talking like this now!

"I was wrong...please help me-" she started again.

"No! It was final, I asked them to discontinue the treatment yesterday, " Grandpa said coldly.

That's why Riya was insisting on coming back!

She's worried about her mamma's treatment!

"No..please...Please help her" tears were flowing down her face now, she was trembling from head to foot.

"I warned you of the consequences if you ever disobay me"

I couldn't believe my ears!

He is practically threatening Riya to be his slave!

"I was wrong...please help my mamma, she..she doesn't have another chance"

"Then you should have done better, but you messed up, you can just let her die in peace now-"

"No!" Riya screamed. "please...I beg you"

she dropped to her knees, tears flew down her eyes continuously, "Please help her, I beg you...I will...I will do anything for you...anything"

I was still frozen in my place, I looked over at my so called grandfather, never had I hated him as much as this moment.

"I can't believe you can stoop this low!" I said in an ice cold voice that was foreign to my own ears. "I can't believe you are this kind of monster!" I shouted the second sentence, fisting my hands tightly on both sides.

"You should never have disobeyed me in the first place!" Grandpa looked at me.

"You created the whole mess yesterday! You wanted to control everyone's life!" I said.

"Yes, I did! I won't tolerate anything that might affect the family reputation!" He said.

"Wrong! You don't want anything to happen to the company! all you care about is the company, you don't give a damn about the family!" I shouted again.