#3 B&B

Neev.

I looked in the mirror, I looked clean and fresh, no signs of the hangover. I am good to go.

I skipped down the stairs, everyone was already waiting at the table. It's another thing that I hate in this house, grandpa wants everyone to have breakfast and dinner together, it's not some military school for God's sake!

And there is another thing I am reluctant about-Riya.

Why are you bothering about her, Neev, she deserves it, she is a swindler, don't forget.

I'm still uneasy about yesterday.

I swear, I didn't plan to do it, I still don't know why I did it.

I was angry at her, that's why, I wanted to scare her, that's right.

Stop kidding yourself Nivin, you wanted to do it, don't deny it.

Okay, but it was just impulsive, and I was drunk!

I shook my head.

That's right, I don't have to think about that, just forget it Neev.

I sat down on the chair opposite to her.

"I heard you made a commotion yesterday?" Grandpa asked.

Here it comes! now you know what I hate about family time! It's s not for peace, In my house, it's where we talk business, if you are lucky enough, you will get humiliated in front of all, like today, it's me!

"I was just going outside, they don't have to make it a big deal" I shrugged.

"You know perfectly well that you are not supposed to go out after 10 pm"

"So I have a curfew now? great!" I said bitterly.

"Um...I will go early, I have an assignment to finish" I heard Riya.

"Nivin will drop you," grandpa said.

"It's okay, I will just catch a bus now, my friends are waiting," She said and started to run out in hurry.

Everyone around the table looked at her, she has smoothly slipped out of my grandpa's wish or order, both are same anyway.

"Catch a bus? she sure knows a lot for someone who was brought up abroad" Auntie Alice said. "And I heard that she washed her dress herself yesterday," she said.

"How is she doing?" Grandpa asked, ignoring her statement and turning to me.

"She is doing fine" I shrugged again.

In fact, she is doing great! she made the most dreadful enemies and managed to get herself famous on the first day itself.

"Take care of her for the time being," he said.

"Sure," I said, now getting up.

* * *

Riya.

"The only thing you have to do is become invisible" Meera explained. "Don't try to do anything that will bring their attention to you and you will be fine"

"I doubt it will work" I muttered."They were practically stalking me, attacking me everywhere" I said.

"You are their new toy now, it will pass after a few days," Meera consoled me.

We were walking out after the first hour, miraculously nothing happened to me...yet.

There were still whispers around, but I just ignored it. By the time the third hour passed, I was starting to feel optimistic.