#26 B&B

Dedicated to Vidyathri, Thank you, dear :)

Sachin.

"I know how much you like her Sachin, if you are going to try harder, you are not betraying him, they are not together," my mom said again, probably sensing my pain.

yes, she's the only girl I have ever been seriously interested in...but Neev's my best friend for life and I can read him, I also know that Riya is the only thing that he cares about. in this entire world now.

And I can't do it to him. I know I cant.

"Yes, I.. I like her," I said, aware of my voice shaking, "But I don't want to see her hurt, we...we have to protect her now, everything else can wait," I said.

"I am so proud of you, Sachin," my mom said, her eyes filled, probably figuring out my decision.

"Me too" both of us turned around to see my dad coming towards me, he enveloped me in a tight hug. "I am so very proud of you son, Nivin is lucky to get a friend like you," he said.

"Thank you, dad," I said, wiping my eyes and sounding cheerful, I want to lighten the mood.

"I have the most loving parents in the world, I can manage," I said and they laughed.

"And why are you here at this time?" I looked at my dad. "What's that board meeting about?'

"They might probably try to fire Neev again," Dev sighed.

"But grandpa knows how important the project is,"

"Yea, that's what I thought too, or at least so until I find out who leaked the video," my dad said.

"Don't tell me it's that man again-" I started.

"It is, I don't know what's he playing at now."

"I think that old man has gone nuts," I said angrily.

"It's Joseph Aldrick, for every dirty trick he is playing, there's something behind." my dad reminded me.

"What are you going to do now, dad?" I asked.

"No matter what happens, no matter whoever is the chairman, I am going to stand with the company, I owe at least that to James, I want to protect what he had built up so passionately," he said.

"It would've been good if someone else was the chairman, grandpa is just manipulating everyone in it, I don't agree with your dad," I said firmly

"I am not thinking about the chairperson, I am thinking about the company, the people who are depended on it, I have been the legal adviser ever since James was there"

Even though my dad has his own firm, He is one of the major director and legal adviser of Aldricks.

I know my dad won't change it now, It's his way of paying back Nivin's dad, James.

"Okay, I respect your decision, but I am going to stand with Neev in this, I want you to know it," I said.

"I don't want you two in opposite groups," Nandini said, worried.

"Dad is going to stick with his best friend, so am I, I can no longer sit back and ignore whatever it is that old man is doing to him, he had had enough already"

"It could even get you fired, Sachin," Dev said.

"For the first time dad, I want to be a good friend, just like you were all these years, I learnt it from you"

"Okay, I just want to make sure business is outside this house," Nandini said.

"Of course dear," Dev said.