#64 B&B - Epilogue

Dedicated to you guys, who always encouraged me... thank you dears, and to you, my crazy cousins, who always read my stories first... Thank you 😊😊

The wedding.

Riya.

I was dressed in red and gold saree, the blouse was draped with pearls and golden thread.

My ornaments were old and traditional style, probably handed down for generations.

I looked at Grandma.

"This... This saree and ornaments..." I stopped as I tried to control the emotions inside me.

How can I be so happy and sad alike!?

"I was... I was saving it for my Sneha, I... thought she will come home with your dad, But... I was too stubborn to call her back myself," Her voice trembled.

Grandma was waiting for my mom and dad to come home one day! She was saving all of these to welcome her as a bride.

But when my Amma returned finally, she was ill.

Grandma would've gone through a tough time then!

I enveloped her in a tight hug.

"I love you, Gran." I whispered, "I will... I will never leave you," I said, "my mom was so lucky to get you as her mother." I said.

"I regret it... If I was ready to accept their marriage, they would have been alive and healthy," She sobbed.

For the first time, I saw the fragile old woman who's going through so much pain underneath the strong-willed and stubborn Parvathi Atharva.

"When my mom was not well, She came back to you, She trusted you and believed in you to come back, Please don't think about anything else," I told her firmly.

"Cheer up Amma, we finally found Riya after all these time, we need to celebrate this with all the happiness," Nikil's mother touched her mother-in-law.

Grandma pulled back and kissed me on the forehead.

"My blessing will be always with you, my dear child," she said and I smiled, nodding my head.

"You look awesome, Riyechi, No wonder that brother Neev was ready to do anything to get you back!" Pooja, Nikil's sister said.

"Riya, I always tried to convince you to wear a saree, it really looks great on you," Auntie Alice smiled.

"You look beautiful Riya, Nivin will have a nice surprise to see you in saree," Naina said.

"You are looking good in saree too," I said and she smiled.

"Auntie Alice wouldn't leave me alone, she and Kiran forced me to wear this," Naina said. "She even forced Amy to wear a lehenga, Can you believe that!?"

"I can imagine that," I laughed, Feeling pity for the poor girl.

"It's almost time for muhurtham, everyone, guide Riya to the mandap,"

Neev.

"You... you mean... I have to wear it?" I looked at the white dhoti in terror, "what if it get untied?"

Everyone including Uncle John laughed at my question; apparently, my misery is too entertaining for them!

"Then you will have to deal with it," Nikil was doing a good job, consoling me.

"You were the one who was ready to do this wedding in Atharva's style; no bridegroom can enter the mandap wearing a suit here."

"Don't worry brother; we all are here with you." Danny consoled me.