#43 B&B

Dedicated to all of you who went back all the chapters to vote for me :) Thank you so much guys!

Nivin.

I looked at my watch impatiently. The thing I hate most in this world is waiting.

She said she is almost here!

This is our party and she's not here yet.

Did she change her mind again?

Just when I was taking my phone out, Manoj stopped the car in front of me.

"I have been waiting for-" I stopped, Manoj has opened the door for her.

My world stilled, she was looking beautiful in the tangerine one shoulder gown I picked up yesterday.

I was right, it suits her.

She looks stunning!

The full skirt gown just flow down smoothly and her dark wavy hair was elegantly styled and side-swept, Her diamond earrings sparkled as she turned to me.

She walked to me, I am sure Auntie Alice convinced her to get make up.

"I am sorry, I am late." she said.

I didn't reply, I didn't trust myself to reply.

I just held out my hand, she hesitated a moment before taking it.

We walked inside in silence.

"I should warn you, press people will be there."

"I am used to it by now, at least I won't get scared," she replied.

"You can smile now,"

And man! did she smile.

I took her to the party hall.

Flashes were going around. Everyone seemed to be greeting us. Riya looked genuinely pleasant.

I took her to my seat and pulled the chair for her.

"Thank you," she smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat.

I took a seat beside her and started to introduce my people at office.

"You look beautiful, Ma'am..." almost everyone complimented her and she smiled shyly.

"Riya, you look gorgeous." Sachin came near us.

"Sachin!" she said, happy to find herself company.

"How have you been?" he asked as he took the chair on her other side, she smiled again.

And her smile has now started to bother me.

I pulled her up and she looked up at me in surprise.

"Dance with me." it was not exactly a request, she didn't deny me.

I took her in my arms, the lights around us dimmed and the spot light focused on us.

I know she wouldn't have had dance classes before.

"Follow my steps," I said, now pulling her close to me.

Music changed and it was a slow song, almost intimate. I started to move, to my surprise, she moved along with me, matching me and surprising me.

"You are good." I said

"I have been practising."

I smiled, proud that I am holding the most beautiful girl in my hands tonight.

"Credit goes to Auntie Alice," she said slowly.

"Remind me to thank her for helping you wi-" I stopped as she whirled around and came to me again.