#23 B&B

Dedicated to souji28, enjoy:)

Riya.

"God's punishing me with the same fate to my son" Auntie Alice started trembling slightly. "but I couldn't tell anyone, I was so worried, I was helpless"

I hugged her close. "Shh... It's okay, you have to tell me what happened"

"Its...It's all fake, Julia didn't run away, she loved her family with her life" Auntie Alice said.

Okay, Riya, you need to be calm, let's hear this story.

"What really happened?" I asked.

"Grandpa..." Auntie Alice shivered. "They got married without grandpa's permission, grandpa was against it, but he had no way after the marriage so accepted them, or that's what everyone believed"

"It was when Nivin was 5 years old, James went to the USA for a month and the problem started. nobody knew there was something like that going on in the home"

"The day before she disappeared, she came to me, looking all broken down, she..she asked me to take care of Nivin, to look after him like my own" Auntie Alice looked at me with her teary eyes.

My heart is beating wildly now, I looked at her.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I had no idea" she shook her head. "I thought there's something wrong with her health, I was worried, then she told me she's going away and I might hear things about her disappearance she said I am not to speak about her to anyone" Auntie Alice started crying again.

"I told her to...to inform James, but she refused, said she has to do it or something bad will happen to Neev, she also made me promise that... I... I wouldn't talk about it to anyone else, she said I am a mom so I would know how she feels, she said she trust me to take care of Nivin"

I was shocked. From the time I first entered this house, I had been hearing about the cursed and betrayed Julia! I can't believe she was forced to run away for her family!

Grandpa!

I gritted my teeth, my heart is aching for the five-year-old who has been searching for his mom until he realised his mom's not going to come back.

He reminded me of myself...When I used to wait for my father to take me home!

"If only I had stopped her from leaving! if only I had convinced her to talk to James, nothing would've happened" Auntie Alice started to cry.

"That's not true, auntie,"  I said, patting her. "you were helpless too, you didn't stand a chance against grandpa"

"I was shocked when I hear the story that Julia ran away with James best friend, I couldn't do anything, there was even a letter from Julia, I couldn't stop anything that followed, two years after, James drank himself to death, I couldn't even tell him the truth" Auntie Alice sobbed.

"I...I really wanted to...but...I was a...coward, I was...worried that...he will...do the same..to me, grand..pa, to my family too.." she trembled.

"Every time I looked at Nivin, I felt guilty, I know it's all my fault he's all alone, I have tried my best in him, but he was cold and wanted to be left alone," Auntie Alice said.

"Then he started the war with grandpa and it was totally out of my control" she sobbed.

"But...what happened to his mom?" I asked slowly, my heart beating too fast.

"She...she's probably dead, I tried to find her in my own way, but it's a dead end everywhere, someone even brought me enough evidence that I now believe she's no more in this world," Auntie Alice said.