#29 B&B

Nirosha.

"Nivin said he's in love with that girl, I think you should forget about that boy now, they are going to get engaged soon"

Papa's words swirled around me.

Neev is out of his senses! how can he be so blind! I was even ready to break my engagement with Rohan for him!

Engagement with that nobody? he sure is out of his mind!

I crushed the paper in my hands.

I have to do something! I can't allow this!

*   *   *   *   *

Priya.

I looked at the beautiful ring on my finger. My heart is beating like crazy, I was consumed by so many emotions that it was paining me physically.

"So what have you decided?" I heard the voice from behind and tightened my fist.

"So it was just a fling? I want to talk to him directly, I am not someone who needs any charity" I said angrily and started to walk out.

I don't want even a penny from you, I am poor, but I have self-respect.

"Stop her!" I heard the order and panicked.

Someone pushed me to the wall and I hit my head. Pain shoot through my body.

I couldn't even see anymore, I was feeling dizzy. I heard voices around, but nothing is making sense anymore, I touched my head.

Blood!...oh God! I  am bleedin-

Next thing I know, I lost my balance and slipped, I know the steep stairs and tried to hold on to the railing barely.

"Hel...help me...please..."  I said, but nobody moved. I started to lose my grip and fell down the stairs.

"Aaaaaaaah!"

I opened my eyes in shock.

I was still in the bed, drenched in sweat.

I touched my head, but nothing was there.

"It's...it's a dream,"  I said, but my whole body is shaking like I really have fallen down.

I could actually feel the pain! It felt so real!

"It's...a dream,"  I said again as my door was pushed open.

"Priya?" My auntie and uncle was in front of me. "what happened? I thought I heard you crying?" Auntie said.

"It's...it's just a dream," I said.

"What did you see?" uncle take a step forward.

"I...l..hit...my head... I..." I was still trembling from head to foot.

"It's probably the accident, don't worry-"

"No, it...was different... I think I was in an office room? I dunno.." I whispered.

Uncle and Auntie looked at each other.

Why are you worrying them Priya?

"It was just...a dream, don't worry about me",  I said. "I am sorry if I woke you up, please go and sleep, you have works tomorrow," I said again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea, please take rest," I said.

"We will see the doctor again," Auntie told me.