Chapter 8

The citing of the mysterious figure grew more and more every day. He seemed to be everywhere. On the beach, in the ocean, in the forest, even in the trees. The figure did no harm unless the one of boys came near to him. We had no idea about the identity of the figure. Even my own shadow did not know. For some reason, he was completely undetectable. It aggravated me that someone disobeys me and get away from it.

One day, I was walking in the forest when I spotted him near the stream, cleaning something. I snuck up behind him, then he flipped me over! I was in the stream with a sword pointed at me.

"You think you are so clever, do you?" I said sternly,

"Alright then, fight me. I win, you leave Neverland. If you win, you get a wish."

The figure turned around and walked away.

"You're nothing but a coward! Come back here and fight!" I yelled.

This time, I did not follow him. I wanted to give him something to chew on.

•••

The next day, we had an archery competition. I called the first boy to the stand. He got only the edge. I started to work up but calmed down. I called the second boy. He missed the target completely! Laughter and anger almost came out of me, but I kept my cool. I called the final boy sternly. He was shaking when he held the bow. It was taking him a long time to shot, so yelled at him to hurry up. That made him flinched and let go of the arrow. I was about to lose it when I heard cheering. I looked at the third stand, a bull eye! 

Then, I spotted the figure at the front of the first target. He aimed and hits the first target dead on center.

"Stop this!" I yelled, but he ignored me.

He moves to the second target, aims and shot center again.

"Don't you dare release another arrow!" I yelled.

He took another arrow and prepares to shoot the third target.

"I forbid it!" I yelled, making my way toward him.

At that moment he shot the arrow and hit the center of the target, splitting the third arrow in half.

He looked up at me. By then, I lost it.

"Glad you can make the show. Let's see who you really are," I commented.

I ripped off the cloak. When I saw what the figure looked like, my heart stopped.

The figure wasn't he. He was she. Everyone stared. She was effortlessly beautiful. Her hair was mercury-red and it tumbled over her shoulders. She had saccharine sweet lips. They were blossom soft. Her eyes were without a doubt the most captivating aspect of her appearance, reflecting a look of wisdom far beyond her age that could not help but draw people in. Her pencil-thin eyebrows eased down gently to her black, beetle's leg eyelashes. She did not care much for wearing makeup, instead favouring a neutral look to compliment her natural beauty. Her figure sat well on her wafer-thin body. She had a decanter shaped waist and her complexion had an impeccable, ochrous hue. I found myself questioning everything else I thought about the ideas of love and beauty.

"You're a girl," I said.

"Yeah and you're a butthead," she said in a thick, beautiful accent. I ignored the insult.

"She speaks!" I joked, but she was not amused. I changed the topic, "What's your name?"

"I'm not telling you my name," she snapped, "I thought that the great and terrible Peter Pan knows everything on Neverland."