Chapter 33

We woke Felix up, no pranks this time. Then we went hunting for breakfast. I went by myself this time.

"Good day, Mister." I smiled and walked away.

What was happening to me? Not again.

"Whither away so hurriedly?" The man asked.

"I'm trying to find my arrow." I replied.

"Merida," a voice asked. I turned around. Pan. "Are you alright?"

"I think I have been here before." I realized. I continued walking in the same path.

"What's the rush?" the man questioned.

"I have to be home by sunset." I replied and continue to walk away.

"My child, the sun won't set for hours. Look at all you're missing. You should take your time to see the beauty of the forest."

"I'm not suppose to stray from the path."

"I want to show you something. Something... special. Come with me."

I stopped. I turned around facing the small meadow of flowers and walked through it. I was holding Pan's wrist hard, but I then loosened my grip.

"Merida?" Pan asked. "Where are you taking us?"

"I don't know." I replied.

I had no idea where I was going. The trees had horrifying faces. The branches grabbed my clothes. I had to cut through vines with my sword. I even fell in a watering hole. This was one weird trip. I was surprise Pan did not left yet. It was like directions were thrown at me piece by piece. I closed my eyes. This time, I tried to concentrate.

I have no idea how wonderful these woods could be. Each step is a new surprise. We came to a part of the woods I have never been. It was like a whole new world. It's so strange yet... beautiful. The place was dark; but you could see the stars. There were noises that I have never heard of. Then we stopped at a dead end.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"This is my land, where beast and man are one." He replied. "Do you like it?"

"I love it. It's so beautiful. I wish I could stay here."

"You can, but you can never see your family again."

"Never?" I do not know if I liked the sound of that.

"We need a princess. Someone just like you." He placed a flower crown on my head.

I giggled, "Why me?"

"Because you have a gift." He answered.

"What is it?" Then asked. "Who are you?"

"I'll show you."

The pain rushed through his bloodstream creating intense agony. His bones outstretched, his jawbone dislocated and developed into a vicious fanged mouth. His entire face structure transformed. Hair spurted all over, his eyes turned blood-red. His fingernails grew at an alarming rate into razor-sharp claws, as he was forced on to all fours. I was crying as I saw the horror. He let out a ear-bursting howl.

Then the beast stared at me, like he was waiting for some reaction. All I could say: "Mor'du," and scream.

I picked up the dead flower crown and stared at it. All these years of this torment. I could not breath, it felt as if someone was choking me. My heart was racing and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and wait for someone to save me. But no one could, no one was there. A choked cry for help forced itself up my throat, and I felt a drop run down my cheek. It seemed as if this was the end of the road for me.

"Merida," someone tapped on my shoulder.

I gasped, then fell into Pan's shoulders.

"He took me here! He tried to take me when I was a child. He could of had me." I cried.

"Who?"

"Mor'du!" I sobbed. Pan held me in his arms as I wept.

"I'm here, shh." He said while rubbing my back. "Nothing is going to happen to you now."

"Why didn't he take me then instead of now?"

"I don't know. But let's be grateful that he didn't."

"It scares me how I knew him for that long and never realized it."

"Don't think about it. Let's go back to camp."

I looked in his eyes. "Okay." I whispered.

We headed back to camp. The walk was silent and cold. Numbness washed all over me. I had more fear of him than I had ever felt about someone. I still have no idea what to do. I needed an idea, a clue, a way. I can not let him keep doing this to me.