Chapter 36

Pan stood up and turned around. "It's nice to finally see you face to face, Mor'du. Well, human wise."

"Ah, yes, Peter Pan. I should have finished you in that brief moment we first meet."

"Then shall we continue? Man to boy. And why don't add some flight to this."

Pan threw the pixie dust on themselves. The both brought out their swords and begun to fight.

"Not bad for an old man," Pan commented.

Peter drifted towards Mor'du and lifted his sword, smiling. The next thing he said surprised me, "She was leaving you, Pan!"

Pan's blade hung suspended in the air and he slowed to a halt, confusion was painted all over his face.

"Merida... was leaving you." Mor'du said in a mocked sympathy. Pan was silent still wary of what was happening.

Mor'du's voice grew cold, "Why would she stay? You have nothing to offer."

"You are incomplete!" Pan looked up carefully to see that his blade was rushing at him. It met his sword with an alarming clang. The blow had brought Pan back to reality.

"She'd rather grow up royal than stay with you." Mor'du cut him with the blade. Pan cried in agony as he flipped backward, crashing into a wall.

"Let us now take a peep into the future. What's this I see? 'Tis the fair Merida. Ha! She is in her nursery. The window is shut."

Pan flew towards Mor'du, but he dodged. They were face to face.

"I'll open it!" Pan shouted in rage. He swung his sword in a deadly arch, but Mor'du blocked and locked their swords.

"I'm afraid the window's barred." he jeered.

"I'll call out her name."

"She can't hear you." he replied simply.

"No!"

"She can't see you."

"Merida!" Pan's voice was rasping.

"She's forgotten all about you." he spat.

Pan froze for one moment. Mor'du kicked him in the face. Pan plundered to the ground. Mor'du floated around, leaving Pan breathing heavy. What was wrong with him?

Mor'du hovered over Pan and said, "There is another in your place. One who comforts her when she is scared or blue. One who makes her smiles all the time. Someone who makes Merida's life complete. Who she sees more than a friend."

Pan looked up fearfully, it almost seemed he was holding back tears. Mor'du moved closer and growled, "Her lover."

In the last attempt, Pan rose up with a cry and swung his sword wildly, blinded by his anger. Mor'du blocked him and raised his sword over his head. With a look of fear, Pan used the blade to protect himself. Mor'du brought down such force that is broke his sword. The force threw Pan to the other side of Skull rock.

Pan laid there on his stomach. His chest was rising and falling, but he lift his head. He looked up at Mo'rdu's face until the point of the sword placed his throat. He lowered his gaze to the blade. Mor'du pushed the blade up against Pan's chin, telling him to stand. Pan placed his hands on the cold ground and struggled to get up. As soon as Pan was on his feet, he was kicked in the chest. Pan flew another few feet until he hit the wall.

Immediately, Mor'du flew to him. He grabbed his throat, causing Pan to make a strangled noise. Mor'du released his grip on his neck and slashed him with his claws on the side of his chest. Pan collapsed onto his knees, with his hands holding his head. He fell to the ground, his head facing towards me. Pan looked at me with dead, sad eyes; yet they were filled with some pride.