Chapter 34

We returned to the camp. Breakfast was silent. I looked at everyone faces. They tried not to talk about why I did not bring anything for breakfast. Why my eyes looked puffy. Why was Pan always with me. I can tell that they are trying to drown their questions with each bite they take.

When we were done, we finally started to pack up camp. It felt good to finally leave this place. This experience was too painful. I almost lost one of my bestfriends; I uncovered more secrets and questions; and I almost got kidnapped, again.

The realm was sunny, happy. The breeze whistled through the turning leaves of the trees. A blue sparrow flew anxiously above the tops of the willows. The sun beaten down and lighted land peacefully. It was like the whole realm reflected the opposite of how I was feeling inside. That is when I realized that I dislike sunny days. Why should there be light and levity while a dark monster is out there?

I shook off the thought. Then remembered the wonderful rainy day on that morning. I did not understand why people hate the rain. It helps people, plants, and animals. Everyone needs it. Meanwhile, the sun just burns and dries everything up without a care. It is heartless like Mor'du. They both think that they are doing the right thing; but they are doing more damage than good.

Finally, we were done packing. I was so ready to go back that I almost forgot my dagger collection. Usually, that would be the first thing I pack. I really wanted to go back to Neverland. The boys were taking forever to pack up everything. How much stuff do they need for a simple camping trip? It drove me insane how long they took. It was like waiting for my mother to get ready for ball.

"Ready everyone?" I asked.

"Yep." they replied.

"Do you have everything?" How I regretted asking that question. It took another ten minutes for checking.

"Okay," Felix said. "I think we're ready."

I shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled out another bean. Without hesitation, I dropped the bean.

Pan was the first one to jump, then Felix. I looked around one last time. It's a tiny possibility that I can come back. Now, at that moment, I knew that Neverland was to be my new home. I had never referred to it as that word before. Home. Even in the worst possible times, I had always felt that I belong to Neverland.

"Sis?" Hubert called. "Are you coming? The portal is starting to close."

I nodded, "Let's go home, Hubert."

We both jumped into the vortex.