Chapter 12

(Felix's POV)

I was walking with my best friend, Rufio, in the woods. Pan wanted us to spy on some pirates. One of them almost killed Josh, but he was saved. We were talking about the girl on Neverland.

"But there are no girls allowed in Neverland," I said.

"Well, this one doesn't like following the rules," Rufio said.

"Yeah, I wondered what she looked like."

"You had to get lost in the woods," he sarcastically said. Then replied,"She was a redhead. Easy on the eyes. Has a nice figure. Pretty sassy, though. She almost cut Pan's face in half."

"Reminded me of a girl I used to know." Merida. I wasn't attracted to her, but I remembered what she looked like. She was practically the definition of badass, but it would be impossible for her to be here. She would need help from the shadow. Like I said before, no girls allowed in Neverland. But you never know, if this girl could do it, I did not see why Merida couldn't

"How is she still alive? Wouldn't Pan, you know," I made a choking sound with my finger gliding on my neck, acting as a knife.

"That's what we thought. We would be disappointed if the first and probably the only girl in Neverland was turned into stone. Pan tried to kill her, but guess what? She's immortal, no one can ever kill her. And when Pan found out, he hit on her! She turned him down without hesitating."

"Why would look at that, Peter Pan has a little crush on a pretty girl." I laughed.

Rufio then shushed me.

We kneeled down behind some bushes. A pirate with a hook passed by. I stepped back a little. I cracked a stick. The pirate turned around and walked towards us. We jumped out of the bush for a surprise attacked.

"You're coming with us, pirate," I said.

"I'd like to but I have other plans," He replied. He pulled out his sword. We then pulled out our daggers. It was two against one, so you think we would win. No, we didn't. At the end, the pirate stabbed Rufio in the heart. 

One moment, we were booth laughing at Pan's dumb crush. The next, I was holding him, almost in tears. Blood flooded his eyes and his guts came tumbling out of his mouth. Rufio lay in agony as his chest ripped open and all his 'stuff' poured out. He drooled red blood. Rufio blinked his last second.

My best friend, my only friend, gone in a blink of an eye.

On of the lost boys shook me awake, "Felix, Pan wants to see you."

I grunt, I haven't been in a good mood lately. Every day the world was monotonous and I could feel my energy leaving me. I struggled to feel with anemic emotions, but they were flat and drained. I got dressed, put my hood on, and headed to the meeting tent. I walked with my head bent to the campground, averting my eyes to the floor, but yet not wanting to look distressed. My aim was to be invisible, blend. Any social interaction would just be annoying. Maybe the next day my mood would lighten up.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked when I came in.

"Yes have a seat," Pan replied. I had a seat at the table across from him.

"I need you spy on the pirates again. We need to know what they are doing here. I understand that you're grieving. We all are. But we need to know so none of this would ever happen again."

"Yeah, whatever," I muttered, but Pan rolled his eyes and continued, "I'm pairing you up with the new girl. She's smart, quick, and good with a sword."