Chapter 15

(Merida's POV)

It had been a few years since I arrived in Neverland. I have been respected by all the Lost boys. Sure, some of them still flirt, but I just ignore them. I became close to Pan and Felix. Everything was great until she came.

I was walking in the forest when I saw a big bird in the sky. It was not like any bird I had seen. So by instinct, I had to shoot it down. I brought down my arrow and bulls eye! It plummeted down to the lost boys camp. I ran down to get it.

•••

(Pan's POV)

It had been a few years since Merida arrived in Neverland. She had been such a great asset to the lost boys. I felt helpless if she was not around. She became prettier every day—which was impossible because nothing changes much in Neverland. Merida and I became best friends. Sure we fought a lot, but that is what friends do. Friends. I hated being called that by her. I always wanted something more with Merida.

I was at my treehouse when a whole commotion started. I went on the balcony to see what was going on. There was a crowd of boys surrounding a figure. I transported closer to see. I pushed through the group. It was a girl. Another girl. She was not as pretty as Merida, but she was not ugly either. She had honey brown hair with fair skin. She was wearing a fancy nightgown, which was now dirty. As I looked down, I noticed an arrow in her foot.

"Bring her to the aid tent," I said. The boys placed her on the stretcher and took her away. As she disappeared, Merida showed up.

"Pan!" She called. "Have you seen a great ugly bird? It was big with a white body and brown wings. It had a small beak. I shot it in the foot. It should be around here."

It then hit me. I answered, "The 'bird' that you shot was a girl. She is in a tent now, getting some aid."

"What the hell is another girl doing in Neverland? I thought I was the only one."

"I don't know. We'll ask when she's awake. Did you meant to shoot her in the foot?"

"Yep," she proudly said.

"Nice aim." I complimented.

It was a few hours until the girl was conscious. When she awoke, we introduced ourselves. Her name was Wendy Darling. She came here to find a friend, Baelfire. He was here but not in the camp. He believed that Neverland is a terrible place to be in. So he is out in the jungle, somewhere. Every time we brought him into camp, he would run away again. The process became very tiring, so we quit looking. He always escaped camp no matter what we did. And I can not just kill him.

We showed her around. Merida took her in a tent. Then, Merida, Felix, and I went into the conference tent.

"What are we going to do with her, Pan? If we let her go, it won't show a good message to the other runaways. She doesn't seem to present any use." Asked Felix.

"We could use her as bait to lure Baelfire out of hiding," Merida added.

"That may be a good idea, Mer. But what do we do when we catch him? What use will she be then?" I chimed in.

"I some three ideas. One, she can do the laundry, it may make you boys smell better. Two, she can keep her as a prisoner. Three, we make her disappear," Merida suggested with a wicked grin on the last idea.

I chuckled. Merida always had a wry sense of humor. I added, "I'm not sure about the last idea, but the other two were good. Okay so here's the plan, we make Wendy trust us. She can stay at Merida's treehouse—"

"Hell no!" Merida interrupted.

"Come on, only a few days." Said Felix.

"No! She's going to put flowers in there. She's going to give me makeovers! And what if she starts talking about boys in that way?" She was practically yelling.