Chapter 13

(Felix's POV)

Thump...Thump...Thump.

That was all I could feel, all I could hear. Each pound inside my head sent agony running through my skull. I felt as if my brain, my skull, my head was being smashed away by a hammer.

"Morning," said Merida. "We're in the prison cell on the pirate ship. You alright? You went down pretty hard."

I sensed it coming—I became nervous, maybe cold, shiver a little, the movement of the floor was suddenly alarming. The world turned gray. I started to loose focus. I could hear the waves complaining. Then I began to feel it—my legs cramp up, arms numb, everything aches while crying out they are being raped with vile poison. My brain fills with worms gnawing at each individual cell cutting every coherent thought into a dozen pieces. I lost all desire to breathe. 

"Are you okay?" Merida asked.

 I looked up. She seemed fine. Merida was standing straight like she was still on land.

"How come you don't have a headache?" I asked.

"I'm immortal. I can't get hurt. I just faked it."

"You could have saved us, instead of letting them drag us!" I yelled.

"Keep the heid! It's a better way to spy on the pirates. I already got some notes down."

She handed me the notepad. I read,

Ship-Jolly Roger

Captain-Killian Jones (Captain Hook)

Location-at sea, north from the island

Reasons to be on Neverland-?

I looked at her in awed.

"This is really good," I said.

"Well," She started, "I did use my bear hearing, so."

"You say that like it wasn't a big deal."

"I guess it isn't."

"Why? I would kill if I could do that."

"No, you don't. Trust me." Her face was hard and cold.

The door opened, a pirate dragged us on the top deck. There, Captain "Hook" was standing, waiting.

"What are you and your girlfriend doing on my ship?"

"Girlfriend?" Merida snapped, "You're going to wish that you have never said that!"

"Shut it, bitch, and answer the question!" Yelled Hook.

"Not until you tell us why you're in our island." I chimed in.

"Your island? What? Is there a king?"

"No," said Merida, "Just two immortals with a bad temper."

"Really? I don't see them."

"Well, you're looking at one of them."

"What? The boy?" Hook suggested.

"No, me."

He laughed, "You can't be serious! You didn't put up a fight when we took you! You're so weak!"

Then, it happened. She started to change. She hunched down on all fours. Her entire body grew black fur. When she was in bear form, everyone gasped. Merida walked over to the captain and roared at him. The captain was clammy and there was the glisten of a cold sweat. His eyes were as wide as if someone was coming to deliver the fatal blow. The captain stabbed her with his hook. She morphed back in human form.