Chapter 26

"What?" Hubert exclaimed.

"You heard me." I replied. I got out of bed, starting to pack."I need to know what this means. Maybe if I go back to that witch–"

"What witch?" Hubert grabbed my wrists, stopping me from getting my pack.

"The witch that got me here. She might know something. I need to know. Not what that dream means, but how Mor'du is related to me."

"There are other ways." Hubert begged.

"No there isn't. I need to know what I am."

"I don't like this."

"Then it's good thing that I wasn't asking for permission."

We were both silent. I love my brother with all my heart; but I can not keep doing this. I can not keep waking up and look in the mirror and wonder what am I. I can not keep questions that no one seem or want to answer.

"Sis, you shouldn't do this. You were wrecked when you returned from that hell hole. What if this is another trap?" Hubert said.

"I'll be careful." I replied.

"At least bring someone with you."

"No."

"Are you trying to get yourself kidnapped again?"

"Bringing one of you will make it obvious that I'm gone. I need all of you boys here."

"Are you sure that's it?" Hubert asked.

I gave him a confused look. Then said, "What do you mean?"

"You're not trying to keep Pan from knowing that you're a princess who was betrothed to Felix?"

I shushed him. Hubert added, "Keep the heid! Pan and Felix are miles away from here."

I sighed with relief, "Good. Trust me, the last thing I want is Pan with new expectations."

"You have been best friends for decades, maybe over a century. You two been through thick or thin. Why not tell Pan? He probably told you about everything."

"Just please, don't tell them where I'm going. I don't know how safe is this trip. If anything happens to you three, I–I don't know how to live with myself."

Hubert hesitantly nodded. I never thought this may happen: I need to leave Neverland as soon as possible.

•••

I hate doing this to Pan, keeping secrets from him. Hubert was probably right, Pan had told me everything. I tried telling Pan the truth, but then something always comes up: lost boys, danger, the jitters. I still do not know why I said what I said back then. That does not matter now. What matters is finding a way to get Mor'du off the island, somehow.

I shut the door of the silo gently and turned around.

"Did you really think I would let you go back without any assistance?" A voiced boomed in.

I jumped in surprised, "Dammit, Pan. Are you trying to kill me?"

"No, I'm trying to help you."

"How the hell–"

I then glared at Hubert.

"I did it because I love you, sis." He sheepishly defended.

I rolled my eyes, "I can handle this myself."

"We know you can," Felix said. "We thought that we should split up to cover more land when we get there."

He does have a point. Dunbroch is a really huge land. It could take me days to find what I need.

"Fine, we can make this a big, grand party if you want," I sarcastically said.

"I do like parties." Pan grinned.

"Shut it."

I took a deep breath and dug my hand in my bag. I finally pulled out a clothe. I unfolded it and picked up a bean.

"Now when the portal opens, everyone concentrate on this name: DunBroch." I informed. And by everyone, I mean Pan.

I tossed the bean a few feet away from us. Then a round, growing swirl opened up. I held my breath, closed my eyes and jumped in first. I can not believe that I am coming back. So many questions filled my head. Questions that I know it will hurt to find out. But I have to know. Not knowing is worse than the hurting truth.