Chapter 14

(Baelfire's POV)

I awkwardly walked into the camp. I feel as if I was back with my father again, without the people fleeing, though. I was usually this nervous when I am outside of the cottage. Somehow, someway, something terrible happened to me whenever I left the cottage. Usually, it was not a big deal. Sure, sometimes I get hurt, but I would not go crazy over it, unlike Father. When I get hurt, my father becomes angry. When he's angry, he will do something about it. He can, he is the dark one, the most powerful thing alive. 

"Baelfire," A voice called. I looked up. Pan. I am here because of him.

"Fancy seeing you again. How's your dad?" He said, trying to be the good guy.

Rolled my eyes and walked away. Suddenly, he was right in front of me.

"I can see that you're upset." He mocked.

"Yeah, because you took me away from the Darling Family!" I yelled.

"Easy, lad. You don't need them, you have us."

"Whatever," I muttered.

"Come on, I'll show you to your tent."

I pushed him over and I started to run, anywhere away from that place. I bumped into a soft rock. It then turned around, showing it's sharp fangs and claws. It was probably the largest beast I have ever seen. The creature went on its hind legs. It became smaller and paler. Its claws became rounder, and the head grew long red weeds of hair. My eyes were now looking at a girl! I was shocked to find that a girl in Neverland. They were not allowed. As I was getting up, she asked, in a thick accent, "You must be new here."

"Y—yeah, I am. H—how did you know?" I stuttered.

"What's wrong? Bear got your tongue?"

"Isn't it cat—"

"Ugh, now I really know that you're new here," she snapped, then asked, "What is a little scaredy cat like you doing in my great dark woods in at this hour."

I was silent for a minute. I did not know whether I should trust her or not. It was the way she talked. Did Pan even know she was here in Neverland?

"If you're not going to talk, then, well..." her fist swiftly came close to my face and my whole world was black.

•••

When I woke up, I tried to get up. Then I was pulled down. I looked around to see that I was in a tent tied to a bed. I started to struggle. Then I heard a hissing noise.

"Whatever you do, don't move." Said a voice. I looked up and saw a boy. On my chest was a snake. It was slithering closer when the boy snagged it and gave it something to eat. The snake then went under my bed.

"Just give Yellow Bell a tasty rat and she'll leave you alone." said the boy.

"Yellow Bell? Do you mean that snake is a pet! What kind of place is this? Why am I tied to a bed—" I panicked

"Calm down!" the boy interrupted, "I will tell you everything. I'm Clinton, your new roommate."

"Baelfire," I calmly said.

"Okay, first of all, you are tied to this bed so you won't escape. The snake was just a guard. She belongs to Merida—"

"She is the girl who did this,"

"Shut up and let me finish!" snapped Clinton, "Merida did drag your sorry ass back to the camp. It was Pan's idea to tie you up. Merida just added the snake."

"I thought there were no girls in Neverland."

"Tell that to her and you'll get another black eye."