Chapter 22

Hubert and I were in the bedroom. He was admiring the place. I do not blame him; but it's a death trap.

"Hubert," I whispered. "We can't stay here."

"Why?" He softly asked.

"I heard of Circe. She is extremely powerful. That's probably how she snuck into Neverland without me knowing. Circe is known to change men into animals, especially romantic interests and enemies."

"So I'll tell her I have a girlfriend. She would understand."

I rolled my eyes, "How about me? I don't have a girlfriend!"

"Well..." He was thinking about what to say. "How about you say you're with Merida. I won't tell. I mean, you like her that way so–"

"I am not in love with your sister!" I shouted. I hope no one but Hubert heard that.

Before he could say anything else, Circe singly called "Time for dinner."

We took our time coming down the stairs. The dining room to which we walked into was in many ways remarkable. There was a medieval magnificence about it; it suggested a baronial hall of feudal times with its oaken panels, its high ceiling, its vast refectory tables where fifty men could sit down to eat. There was fine china on the table. At the end of the table, Circe was wearing a sexy wine-red mermaid dress. It was hard to look away from her.

We sat down and started to eat. 

"So boys," Circe started. "What are you doing in these dark, scary woods?"

"We were looking for our other friend."

"Ah. I hope you were not away from your girlfriends for long."

"Nope," Hubert said. "We just left this morning. Arista and Merida was okay with it."

Circe smiled, "Really? I've meet Merida. She said she was never the dating type. She has no romantic interest in anyone."

"She never mentioned meeting you at all." I said.

"Well, it was a simple touch and go."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm just on a little business trip." she replied, flashing a quick smile.

Hubert was starting to come pale. I asked if he was alright. He then excused himself to bed.

"I've been watching you for quite sometime, Peter." Circe said. "You intrigue me. Someone like you and me can rule the realms. We could be the most powerful couple of all times."

"I'm flattered, but I don't think I'll be the right choice." I backed away from the table.

She stood up and headed towards me, "You can make an entire civilization disappear look so easy."

"I had help."

"And, modest too."

I backed into a wall with no escape. Circe pressed against me.

"Cir–"

The next thing I knew, she had slammed her lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs.
I hardly had a moment to react before she pressed her tongue to the seam of my lips and, at my grant of access, delved inside my mouth. It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of old wine being exchanged in the intermingling of our billowing breaths. My arms reached up and tangled around her petite, little waist. In an instant I had pulled away and arched up into her broad chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against my own, before I drew back into her lips. I could nearly feel the slight burn of the wine as it rolled off my tongue and seeped down my throat with every push of her tongue against mine. The whole time I was thinking how Merida would react. Merida. I pushed her off me.