31 - Heartbreak

MITCHS POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran at Martin, who pulled two throwing knives out from behind his back, and held them ready to throw. He aimed them at me and threw them. One whistled past my ear as I just managed to dodge it, the other flying under my left arm. I smirked at his obvious failure as he was left weaponless. I easily tripped him and stood with one foot on his chest, my arms crossed over with both blades on his neck.

I expected Martin to be terrified out of his mind, but he just looked up at me with an evil smirk on his face. I pressed the swords harder on his neck, and he had the nerve to laugh. A small line of blood trickled out from where one of the sword points cut his skin.

"Whats so funny?" I growled, pushing down on his chest. Martin coughed and stopped laughing.

"Just don't forget about your other half," he said, still smiling cruelly at me. I had grown tired of his sick humour, and riddles were not helping him get out of this. With a gutteral scream, I pushed the swords down and quickly uncrossed my arms. His eyes widened, but then his body lay still, blood staining his neck and shirt as the cruel smile painted in red formed on his throat.

I stood up straight, (A/N Haha, I made a joke...) and looked down at his body one last time. As my mind cleared, I heard Jerome stumble behind me.

"Mitch," he whimpered, his voice full of pain and fear. I whirled around, only to see the love of my life with a knife burried up to the hilt in his gut. He stumbled again, this time his fluttered shut and he fell. I darted forward and swiftly caught him, laying him softly on the ground as he groaned in pain.

I skittered around in a panic, before I came to my senses and ripped my shirt off, pressing it to the bleeding wound.

I hadn't relized in my panic, but I had started crying and I was finding it difficult to breath. The shirt was already soaked through, and my hands were stained red.

I looked down at Jerome, biting my lip while more tears casscaded down my face.

"It-It's okay! Y-You'll m-make it! I-I, j-just, please J-Jerome, please..." I sobbed as I tried to stop the blood. Jerome looked as me, tears swimming in his eyes as he weakly lifted one hand and stroked my hair.

"I love you Mitch," he said softly. I started to cry harder, tears making it hard for me to see. I leaned forward and kissed his, before taking his hand and holding it tightly. I felt him grip my hand back in the same manner.

"I'll s-see you on t-the other side Mitch. I-I love you biggums," Jerome said, his voice shaky. I sobbed harder, my vision completly blurred.

"Don't d-die. You c-can't die. P-Please..." I cried, leaning down to kiss him again and again. I could taste my tears on his lips, but I didn't care.

We locked eyes, and he smiled, as he took a rattling breath. His grip on my hand tightened, before his eyes glazed over, no longer seeing, and his grip lossened, causing his hand to slip out of mine.

I was lost in a world full of pain and grief. I lay over Jerome's body, wailing, sobbing and screaming to the wind. I pounded my fists on the ground untill they were bloddy and scraped raw, and yet the pain did not ease.

I slipped into a state of no emotions. My body and mind couldn't handle the toll of Jerome's death. I closed Jerome's eyes and layed his axe with him. I couldn't keep it with me. I sat off to the side and watched as a hovercraft came and picked up each induvidual body, and a extra one that had blue and orange hair.

When it came for Jerome's body, I almost ran to it, to stop it from taking him, and it took all of my willpower to hold myself back. It was heartbreaking to watch his limp body slowly ascend towards a metal coffin.

So I sat down under a tree with my swords and waited. Silent and still. I couldn't bear to watch the fallen tributes in the night sky, so I just tried to ignore the anthem.

So I waited for them to come and find me instead.

And this time, I would be ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Uh, sorry?

Yup, that happened, and suprisingly this will tie itself off soon!

So yeah, enjoy it while you can.

Vote, comment and share!

Peace out,

- K