8 - The dream

MITCHS POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*In Dream*

I was running through the forest after a dark figure in front of me. Even though I couldn't see their face, I knew it was Jerome.

Branches whipped by me, scratching my bare arms and face. I saw something move in the darkness to my right. I saw the boy from district two slip out from the trees and run along side Jerome. Jerome didn't even see him there. I tried to shout a warning to him but I couldn't speak.

The other boy tackled Jerome, the two of them were rolling on the ground. The boy pulled out a knife, and began to stab Jerome repetitively. I tried to scream but no sound came out. The boy turned to me and smiled, crouched over Jerome's body.

That's when I felt a sharp pain by my stomach, and I looked down to see the tip of a sword protruding from my stomach. Blood trickled out and I smeared my fingers in it, not making the connections that it was my blood and that I was dying.

I felt my legs crumple underneath me, and I fell to the ground...

*End of Dream*

I woke up screaming.

I could hear someone pounding on my door, yelling at me to open up. I just ignored them and they soon grew tired and went away. I lay back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

After a while I got up and pulled on my clothes from last night, that had been carelessly strewn on the floor. I walked out of my room and into the dining area, and I saw Tyler and Haymitch deep in conversation. They seemed to be talking about Tyler's strengths and weaknesses.

"I'm small, and I can hide really well, but I'm not good at hand-to-hand combat," Tyler said. Haymitch nodded and said something about needing to introduce Tyler to a 'spear.'

I sat down at the other end of the table, and began helping myself to the food that was in front of me. I started to think about Jerome, and what the dream I had the night before meant. I saw Jerome murdered in front of me by the boy from district two, Ty, I think his name is. I don't know whether this is a premonition, or just a random dream, but I decided to keep Jerome by my side at all times, and not to trust Ty.

I was snapped out of my train of thought, when Haymitch said my name.

"Mitch...MITCH!" Haymitch shouted. I blinked and looked at him. He looked tired.

"We were just talking about the other tributes. You have seen the full reaping right? What boys would you like to have as your allies?"

I didn't even hesitate to answer.

"The boy named Jerome, from eleven," I said, not even blinking. I could see Tyler look at me, as if he knew something I didn't.

TYLERS POV (A/N ohhhhhh new guy!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did Mitch want that guy from eleven? Wait, that look on his face, I've seen it before. I've seen girls look at him that way back in twelve. He loves that boy, Jerome. He is trying to hide it, but his eyes gave his emotions away. I wonder if they have met each other yet. District twelve is right next to district eleven after all....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Did you enjoy this chapter? If you did, vote and share it with all your friends and fandoms.

Comment anything you want me to fix.

Peace out!

- K