6 - The train 2

JEROMES POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door slid open, and before me stood...Mitch?! My Mitch?! What is he doing here? He should be back in his district! Safe, safe from the Capital and safe from death. No, I thought to myself. No! This can't be happening! I can only hope that he wins and that someone else kills me first.

I love him too much for him to die.

MITCHS POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Jerome doing here?! He can't be here! We are going to have to fight to the death in two weeks! 

I love him, and I won't let anyone hurt him.

We stand there in shock for a while, not wanting to believe that the other one was standing there.

"J-Jerome!" I let out a choked sob. I pull him into a huge hug. Surprisingly, he doesn't fight back like normal.When I release him, i see tears running down his face. Mixed emotions rise up inside me, and I don't trust myself to speak.

"M-Mitch! What a-are you d-doing h-here?!" Jerome asks in between sobs. I don't say anything. Instead i just slid down the wall, coming to a rest on the floor. I pull Jerome down so that he was sitting next to me.

We sit in silence for a couple of minutes, trying to wake up as if this was all just a horrible nightmare. We sit and talk for a while, trying to distract ourselves from the present. We must have been talking for longer than I though, because when I looked at a clock on the wall, I realize that it is close to six O'clock. 

"Jerome, I have to go now. People will begin to wonder where I am, you know that I can't stay here for ever." I say, wishing in my head that I could.

"I wish you could stay here forever," Jerome mutters. I look at him confused. Maybe he loves me back? I didn't even know I was in love with him until Haymitch said that there would be two male tributes, and I feared for his life. No, he wouldn't, I'm not good enough for him. He is to perfect.

JEROMES POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw Mitch staring at me. Maybe he likes me? No, he wouldn't. I mean, who would like me? I'm solitary, and I don't talk much. In fact I hardly ever talk to other people at all! Except for Mitch. He is the exception to that rule. 

Mitch got up to leave, and I saw this as my opportunity. I mean, I have nothing to lose right? I'm going to be dead in just over two weeks anyway.

I pull Mitch back down. It caught him off guard, and he stumbled, practically falling into my lap. I turned his head so he was facing me, and I pressed my lips up against his.  I closed my eyes, and I felt his body tense up, before relaxing into the kiss. I pulled away after a minute. He didn't look at me, his face crimson. I got up and walked back through the door. He didn't try to stop me. 

As soon as the doors closed behind me, I felt tears begin to run down my face. I ran straight to my room and slammed the door behind me.

MITCHS POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was just getting up to leave, when Jerome pulled me back down. I stumbled, landing in his lap. He turned my head so I was facing him and then I felt our lips connect. It felt like fireworks were going off around us. I was a bit shocked at first. Shocked that he obviously liked me and shocked that he actually had the courage to do something about it! I guess I was a little tense to start with, but then I relaxed into the kiss. Jerome pulled away after a minute.

I could feel my face turn red, so I quickly looked away. He was so quiet, I didn't even realize he had left until it was too late. I didn't understand why he had left so quickly. The kiss was perfect.

I stayed sitting there for a couple more minutes, before I got up, my mind a jumbled up mess, and I walked into my room, closing the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Lol I was listening to BajanCanadian's episode 400 of the hunger Games. Very Fitting.

Leave a vote if you enjoyed! Comment for the next part!

Anyways peace out!

- K