5 - The train

MITCHS POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt the blood drain from my face, and I felt unsteady on my feet. I heard a thump to my left, and I saw that a girl had fainted in shock. I think her name was Keeley or something. Anyway, this gave me enough time to regain my composure. I took a deep breath and walked towards the stage.

I stood tall next to Tyler, and I stared above everybody, looking at the forest in the distance, wishing that I was there, running away with my family and Jerome, wishing I could keep them safe and never be disturbed by the Capital again. I was unresponsive. Tyler and I shook hands, before we were marched down a long corridor to a waiting car. I stared out the window, watching, as the place I called home speed past in a blur. I knew, deep down inside me, that I would never see this place again.

We drove into district eleven, and we got on a train there to take us all the way to the capital. We, (Tyler and I) didn't know who the other tributes were yet. As the train sped through districts and barren landscapes, we met our mentor, Haymitch. He had to mentor us this year as it was forbidden for Mum or Dad to mentor me. He sighed a little when he saw me sitting in one of the chairs, staring at a wall.

I ignored him as he came and sat down in front of Tyler and I. Tyler had his face buried in his hands, and I could see his body heaving with sobs, but neither Haymitch or I made any moves to comfort him.

"Well, hello there Mitch and...?" Haymitch said, breaking the silence.

"His name is Tyler Brotato." I said, as Tyler was in no way fit to speak for himself. Haymitch just nodded.

"Well, we don't have to work much with you Mitch. Your Mum, Katniss, told me how good you are with a bow." I looked up at him surprised. Why would Mum tell him that?

"As for you, ummmm...Tyler! I don't know much about you, sooo we have a lot of work to do!" Haymitch said. When Tyler didn't respond, he just sighed again and stood up.

"Oh, and by the way, don't go into the other carriage." Haymitch said, winking at me at the same time, before walking out the door.

I got up, and decided to walk around a little and explore.

*Le time skip, 'cos I'm lazy*

I had found the door to the other carriage. I stood paused in front of it, not sure whether to open it or not. My hand hovered over the button that opened the door, unsure of what to do.

I made up my mind. I moved my hand downwards to press the button. But just before I actually touched the button, the door slid open. I gasped in shock, and took an unsteady step backwards. Before me stood a person, with my look of horror mirrored on his face.

Before me stood Jerome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OHHHHHH No-one saw that coming did they?!

Yeah I know it was obvious sorry.

Leave a vote if you liked it! Comment for the next part, coming out soon!

Peace out guys!

- K