Chasing Cars (3)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter three

kiss

I knocked at Tom's door. We were already in our second term and every day after classes, we used to study together in his bedroom, in my bedroom or in a lonely table under a tree, "Come in, it's open." I heard him saying in the other side of the door and I opened it.

"You never lock your door?" I asked frowning.

"No, not really. You're the only one who comes to visit me." He said and I walked closer to the small table where he was seated at.

"That's sad." I giggled. Tom was reading some sort of hieroglyphs.
"What are you reading?" I asked as I sat down across him and threw my books onto the table.

"Ancient Greek." He replied without looking up at me, "How was your day?"

"It was okay." Actually, I had my exam that day and although I had studied I wasn't sure with my answers.

"What did we learn today?" He closed his book and smiled at me as he rested his cheek in his hand and those blue eyes stared at me.

"New ways to cheat on an exam." I said smiling.

"You cheated?!"

"No, I didn't." He smiled, "But, I need to borrow your laptop, I forgot mine." I smirked and fluttered my eyelashes.

"Sorry, but you can't. It broke. It literally broke." He said imitating me and pointing at the bed in which the laptop was broken in two, "Actually, I was hoping to borrow yours."

"Yeah, sure." I stood up and walked towards the bed, "How on earth did this happen?" I said picking up the laptop.

"Practicing for a play." Tom said as he grabbed his backpack ready to go to my bedroom.

"Oh, well. Remember me not to be in the same room when you're practicing for a play."

"I will. Shall we go now?" He walked past me and I grabbed my stuff to leave. We walked through the campus to get to my room. Once there, we did everything but study. We just chatted for a while, "I want to ask her out." He said.

"Ask her." I said.

"But, I don't know. Do you think she likes me back? I've never talked to her apart from the play-" I interrupted him.

"Just do it! You're a nice guy and I must kill the person who says the opposite." He giggled, "So, mister Hiddleston, you've got a play." He nodded as he grabbed a bag of crisps.

"Yep, on Friday. Will you come?"

"What time?"

"Four p.m." I bit my lip, "You can't?" I shook my head.

"I've got classes." I said, scratching the back of my neck, "Tom, I'm sorry, I really want to go. Maybe I can tell the teacher that I'm ill and-"

"Oh, come on! Don't do that. You can come to the rehearsals, then."

"Oh, really? Okay, I'm going. When?" Tom checked the time.

"In thirty minutes." He smiled.

I was amazed by the beauty of the theatre. There were a lot of people tidying up all the place. The scenography was almost ready and Tom's classmates were already in costume, "Sit here." He said, pointing at one of the seats in the first row, "I'll be right back, I've got to dress up."