Chasing Cars (7)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter seven

guys

It was ten past ten when we arrived at my place and we didn't even had supper out, so, I made us a sandwich. I wasn't expecting visitors so, my fridge was the perfect definition of pathetic. A couple of tomatoes and carrots. Milk, orange juice, ham, lettuce, and some other stuff. Definitely, we were having sandwiches for supper. I had wrapped a towel on my head and I was wearing my pyjamas already.

"Your phone was ringing, sorry I couldn't get it on time." Tom said, staringt at the screen and, slightly frowning, "Who's Miles?" He asked.

"Oh, he's my boyfriend." I said, putting the sandwich on a plate.

"You, you've got a boyfriend?" I turned and handed him the plate with his sandwich.

"Yeah." I walked towards the couch in the living room and turned on the TV. Tom sat beside me, "He's a dental assistant."

"Oh...why didn't you tell me before?"

"I thought there was no need to. But I was going to tell you." He smiled and we began to eat.

"And, how did you guys meet?"

"I went to the dentist, and he was cute, and he asked me out, so, why not? We've been together for four months now." Tom coughed and almost choked.

"Four months?!"

"I know, it's lot of time. Anyway, do you want to watch a movie?" I stood up and ran my index finger on the stack of DVD's, "I've got a huge amount of Disney movies, uhm, action, romantic movies, heart break movies, depressing movies, horror, or do you want to watch the telly?" I turned to face him, "Are you even listening to me?" I giggled.

"Sorry, what?"

"What do you want to watch?"

"Oh, um...telly is just fine." I sat down again and finished my sandwich. I was nodding off when I caught a glimpse of the clock in the wall, it was almost midnight, the late night news were on and I turned to see Tom. He was asleep, using his arm as a pillow, I turned off the television and stood up to take a cushion from the other couch.

"Tom?" I shook his shoulder, "Tom?" He was knocked out. The only fact of travelling is stressing and now adding all those months of filming, it was more than normal, "There you go." I whispered, I had to lift his head and put the cushion under it. I yawned and grabbed another cushion for me and threw myself to the other couch. I fell asleep in seconds.

I squeezed my eyes shut when the light hit me in the eyes and I let out a soft groan. I stretched in...bed? I knew very well that I had fallen asleep in the couch. I got up and walked to the bathroom to wash my face and make sure that I didn't look like crap. I heard noises coming from the kitchen. Tom. A part of me knew he was in my flat, but it surprised me. I made my way to the kitchen as I combed my hair with my fingers. I stopped walking when I saw him cutting tomato slides, he didn't notice me at all, since he was too focused on his culinary work and singing softly.

"...they'll come to you. Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities..." Singing slowly and humming the song from time to time. I smiled when I remembered the first time we watched The Jungle Book, we spent like two summer weeks with that song stuck in our heads, "Forget about your worries and your strife...I mean the bare necessities...that's why a bear can rest at ease....with just the bare necessities of life." He turned and saw me there, "Hello, good morning." Tom smiled.

"Morning." I smiled back, "Now, you cook?"

"I'm doing my best. I used the washer-dryer for my clothes, sorry." He was wearing his clothes now.

"No problem. Um, last night-"

"I woke up around four in the morning, you were asleep in the couch, I carried you to your room. Then I used the washer-dryer." He smirked, "And I went for some groceries."

"Thanks, how much I owe you?" I walked towards him and grabbed an apple from the counter.

"You don't owe me anything. Just, say that breakfast was good."

"Okay, and what are we gonna do today?"

"Don't you have to work?"

"No, not today. We could go to the-" The door bell rang, "I'll get that." I said and left the kitchen after seeing a smile crossing Tom's lips and headed to the door.

"Good morning babe." It was Miles.

"Good morning." He kissed me, "Um, what are you doing here? I mean, it's almost ten in the morning, shouldn't you be at work?" We walked in the living room.

"Not today, Dr. Levitt had some sort of family emergency and he's gonna be back until tomorrow. I've got a day off."

"Oh, and...are we going out?" I asked as he wrapped his hands over my waist.

"Babe, you know that I'd love to, but we went to the cinema the other day, I was hoping to go to a pub with some friends." I raised an eyebrow, "Smells good in here, are you cooking?"

"I was-"

"Who was it?" Tom asked, popping up in the living room and rubbing a kitchen towel in his hands as he approached.

"Tom, this is Miles, my boyfriend. Miles, this is Tom, my bestfriend."

"Miles, it's a pleasure." Tom said and they shook hands.

"Yes, and you share the flat?" Miles asked.

"No, Tom had to spend here the night, it was raining cats and dogs last night." I said, "He's the friend I talked you about."

"Oh...the actor."

"Yes, I'm an actor. Nic told me you're a dentist assistant. Anyway, are joining us for breakfast?" Tom asked. I could see that Miles wasn't quite happy with Tom and the idea that he spent the night in my flat.

"No, I'd love to, but I've got to catch up with some work stuff, paper work."

"You said that you had a day off." I said, not really surprised, he used to do that sort of things, avoid compromises, actually, avoid everything.

"Yeah, but if I catch up as soon as posible, we can go out on Saturday, do you like the idea?" He kissed me in front of Tom, not like I was comfortable with it but he did.

"Yeah, that'd be great." I said pushing him away and faking a smile.

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, tomorrow." He hugged me.

"Good bye man, nice to meet you." Miles said to Tom, who smiled and offered his hand to Miles.

"Nice to meet you too." They shook hands and I walked Miles to the door. When I came back, Tom was placing the plates onto the table and he gestured at me to sit down.

"This looks good, what is it?"

"It's an Italian recipe. Attempted Italian recipe to be honest." I smiled, and chuckled under my breath, "What?"

"If you don't succeed in the dramatic arts, you should consider the culinary arts." He smiled, "But, we know that's not gonna happen, you're great at acting."

"Well, thanks." He sat up straight.

"You're such a smug thing!" We chuckled.

"Hey, your boyfriend." He said, toying with the fork, "He's nice." I gave him a smile. Miles can be nice, but he can be an arse too.

❀❃❀❃❀

Comment vote and spread the word! I love you all and thank you for reading!

Love, Liz.