Chasing Cars (38)

❀❃❀❃❀

chapter thirty eight

coriolanus

The 2011 wasn't quite a good year for me. We were now in August, 2012, back in London during work holiday, well, it wasn't a holiday at all, since certain individual decided to come into the world in those days. While Tom was probably at a premiere or giving interviews, totally indifferent to my current situation. While deciding whether to tell him or not, I reached the point of not wanting to know anything about him. No movies, no series, no Tom for a while. I wanted to think clearly and make a decision. All I was focused on, was this little bundle of joy.

"Healthy baby boy." The nurse was holding the baby. I was scared, "You have to hold him, he needs his mummy." She said softly and I hesitated to take the tiny body in my arms. I was so scared of hurting him or anything. I gasped when I saw this sleepy thing, those bright blue eyes were fixed on me.

"Oh my goodness!" I whispered and smiled whe I saw the soft locks of blonde hair and I ran my fingers through the soft waves of his hair, "You're so cute." I whispered. I didn't even notice that the nurse was there. A few minutes later, Lila showed up and she sat on the edge of the bed.

"He's got your nose." She said softly and I smiled, staring at the baby. He was perfect and I felt the need of Tom to know about it.

"No, he's exactly like Tom." I said and then I looked up at her, "I'm gonna tell him." She looked at me, "I'll tell him, you were right and I've been thinking about it, he's got the right to know and yes, the idea of telling him is killing me right now." I let out a small chuckle, "But, I don't know, I feel like it's better if he knows about this, wherter he likes it or not."

"It's gonna be alright, don't worry." Well, that's exactly what I was trying to do, no worries and stay calm. Three months later, I decided to call him. I dialed his number and waited. We hadn't talked to each other in a long time.

"You have reached Tom's voicemail, I cannot attend your call at the moment, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

Well, I tried.

Time passed and I decided to stay in London again. I kept trying to contact him, but it was in vain, I didn't bother all, I understood that he was a busy person now, so I tried my luck once in a while. I was walking down the street, I had just got the groceries and I was returning home and I saw a poster of Coriolanus. The tickets were on sale already and I saw an opportunity. I had to tell him, I purchased the ticket and went home.

Lila was taking care of the baby while I was out. Yes, it was difficult to find someone who kept an eye on the baby. He reminded me of Tom every single day, he had this look in his eyes, the same look in Tom's eyes to be honest.

I showed the ticket to Lila and she kind of froze, "Are you going?"

"Did you know about this?"

"Yeah? Sorry, I didn't tell you since you don't watch his work, which is an amazing work by the way. I need to see this play." I shook my head, "Oh, your tiny little darling is asleep, so don't talk out of loud." I hummed an answer.

"What do you think? Should I tell him after the play, or at least I can tell him that we need to talk."

"I think you should do what you think is better, don't ask for my opinion, this is about you, him and the baby. I've been with you through all this, but, you have to do this part on your own." Well, she was right, "The play is in five days, will you need a nanny that day?" She smiled.